Cold, Hard Football Facts for Sep 24, 2008
A new cookbook arrived at the cardboard-box world headquarters the other day that we instantly knew we'd love.
It's called "Fat: An Appreciation of a Misunderstood Ingredient, With Recipes" (Ten Speed Press, 2008) by Jennifer McLagan.
Hey, we love fat! Hell, we ARE fat!
A lot of great recipes in this book, including one for bacon mayonnaise that jumped right out at us.
- 1 egg yolk
- ¾ t. Dijon mustard
- 1 t. freshly squeezed lime juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ c. liquid bacon fat
Combine egg yolk, mustard and lemon juice in the small bowl of a food process or in a blender. Season with salt and pepper. Have bacon fat in liquid form, but not hot. With the machine running, gradually add bacon fat until mixture starts to stiffen and emulsify, about 2 minutes. Once it starts to emulsify, you can add fat more quickly. If mayonnaise is too thick, blend in 1 tablespoon of boiling water to thin it. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve with BLT sandwiches. Makes about 1 cup of mayonnaise.
Forearm Shiver: the CHFF Blog
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
Must See Videos