AFC West's 23-10 Record Best In NFL Since 1970
GOING WEST: Through Week 9, teams in the AFC West (Kansas City, 9-0; Denver, 7-1; San Diego, 4-4; Oakland, 3-5) have a combined 23-10 (.697) record. That’s the highest winning percentage by a division through nine weeks of a season since 1970.
The highest winning percentage by divisions through nine weeks since 1970:
-- NFL --
NOVEMBER MADNESS: Three active quarterbacks – Dallas’ TONY ROMO (22-4, .846), New England’s TOM BRADY (34-10, .773) and Baltimore’s JOE FLACCO (17-6, .739) – are among the best in November among starting quarterbacks (minimum 20 starts) in the Super Bowl era.
Romo passed for 337 yards and two touchdowns in the Cowboys’ 27-23 win over Minnesota. Romo improved his record as a starter to 22-4 (.846) in the month of November, the highest mark by a quarterback in the Super Bowl era (minimum 20 starts).
Brady’s (.773) and Flacco’s (.739) November winning percentages are currently fourth and fifth, respectively.
The quarterbacks with the best records in November in the Super Bowl era (minimum 20 starts):
RECORD IN NOVEMBER
Note: Ties prior to 1972 did not count in winning percentage.
-- NFL --
REUNITED: St. Louis head coach JEFF FISHER faced his former team, the Tennessee Titans, in the Titans’ 28-21 win. Fisher, who spent 17 seasons (1994-2010) as the head coach of the Oilers/Titans, joined Pro Football Hall of FamerCURLY LAMBEAU as the only head coaches in NFL history to face a team that he led for at least 17 seasons.
-- NFL --
WHO DEY: Cincinnati wide receiver A.J. GREEN had 11 catches for 128 yards in the Bengals’ 22-20 overtime loss at Miami. Green, who has totaled 3,269 receiving yards in 40 career games, surpassed Pro Football Hall of Famer JERRY RICE for the fifth-most receiving yards in the first 40 games of a career in NFL history.
The players with the most receiving yards through the first 40 games of a career in NFL history:
RECEIVING YARDS THROUGH 1ST 40 GAMES
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review