49ers-Packers Most Watched Wild Card Game Ever
WILD CARD WEEKEND MOST-WATCHED EVER
49ERS-PACKERS ON FOX MOST-WATCHED WILD CARD GAME ALL-TIME
WILD CARD WEEKEND AVERAGES MORE THAN 30 MILLION VIEWERS FOR FOURTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR
This weekend delivered historic games – three of the four Wild Card games were decided by three points or fewer, only the second time in NFL postseason history in which three teams won by three points or fewer in the same weekend (2006 Divisional). And fans tuned in in record numbers!
The four Wild Card games averaged 34.7 million viewers making this the most-watched Wild Card Weekend on record. For the fourth consecutive season, the four Wild Card Playoff games averaged more than 30 million viewers.
Sunday’s San Francisco 49ers-Green Bay Packers game on FOX drew 47.1 million viewers ranking as the most-watched telecast since Super Bowl XLVII (108.4 million, Feb. 3, 2013) and the most-watched Wild Card game on record topping the 2011 AFC Wild Card on CBS, Steelers-Broncos, 42.4 million) and 2010 NFC Wild Card on FOX (Packers-Eagles, 39.3 million).
The two Wild Card games on Sunday (San Diego Chargers at Cincinnati Bengals on CBS, followed by 49ers-Packers) averaged 38.9 million viewers, making it the most-watched Wild Card Sunday in at least 20 years.
NBC’s “Wild Card Saturday” was the most-watched Wild Card Saturday ever, averaging 30.8 million viewers. New Orleans Saints at Philadelphia Eagles is the most-watched Wild Card Saturday game ever, averaging 34.4 million viewers.
The four games were also the four most-watched shows on television last week (chart below).
Most-Watched Shows on Television, Week of Dec. 30, 2013 - Jan. 5, 2014
1. FOX Wild Card Playoff (49ers-Packers)
2. NBC Wild Card Playoff (Saints-Eagles)
3. CBS Wild Card Playoff (Chargers-Bengals)
4. NBC Wild Card Playoff (Chiefs-Colts)
5. The Big Bang Theory
6. 2014 Rose Bowl (Stanford-Michigan State)
7. 2014 Sugar Bowl (Oklahoma-Alabama)
8. New Years Rockin’ Eve
9. 2014 Orange Bowl (Clemson-Ohio State)
10. The Millers
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review