49ers DT Ray McDonald Says "Truth Will Come Out"
Ray McDonald was having a birthday party that apparently got out of hand. If the events that took place are true, he's looking at a minimum six-game suspension.
According to the Bee, McDonald was having a birthday party that stretched into Sunday morning. When police arrived at 2 a.m., officers said she showed them she was bruised by McDonald. That's when he was arrested.
"The 49ers organization is aware of the recent reports regarding Ray McDonald and we take such matters seriously,” general manager Trent Baalke said in a statement, via the Bee. “As we continue to gather the facts, we will reserve further comment.”
The 49ers will start the season without Aldon Smith (nine-game suspension) and Novarro Bowman (knee injury). Losing McDonald could be a severe blow for a team that is trying to keep pace with the defending Super Bowl champions in the league's toughest division.
It has been reported that Commissioner Roger Goodell will issue harsher punishments for domestic violence cases involving pregnant victims.
Regardless of the league's stance, former 49ers safety and current Cleveland Browns DB Donte Whitner said in the past that Jim Harbaugh will forgive his players for anything except domestic violence.
“He said that we can do anything in the world and we can come and talk to him and he'll forgive us except put our hands on women," Whitner said. "If you put your hand on a woman, then you're done in his book.”
It will be interesting to see how Harbaugh responds once all the facts are gathered.
- CHFF Flashback: Colin Kaepernick Has Worst QB Performance of 2013
- Patriots Turn It Around With Win Over Minnesota
- Andy Dalton Passes Aaron Rodgers In Record Books
- Quotes From Ravens Fans Who Support Ray Rice
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Cardinals And Chargers: Charting Their Courses After Week 1
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team
- Best NFL Records Of The Past 10 Years
- Audio: The Cold Hard Football Facts Hosted By Pat Imig
- Groundhog Day: Seattle Dominates Green Bay