Cold, Hard Football Facts Archives
Captain Clutch: Is Tom Brady Really A Great Postseason QB?
Tom Brady is frequently touted as one of the most clutch quarterbacks of all time. How does he really measure up?
Trent Richardson Outclassed by Alfred Morris and Doug Martin: Will It Last?
Trent Richardson had the sixth-worst rushing average by a rookie in NFL history. Should Browns fans be worried? Scott Kacsmar breaks down rookie rushing success in regards to the long-term outlook.
David Garrard: The Best 4th-Round QB Since Rich Gannon
With David Garrard’s retirement from the Jets, Scott Kacsmar examines a career better than most people will remember. Garrard is the best fourth-round QB since Rich Gannon.
Ronde Barber Retires: Tampa Bay Buccaneers Great Deserves Hall Of Fame Honors
Ronde Barber deserves a spot in the Hall of Fame, says Scott Kacsmar, who examines the exclusive club of Canton cornerbacks, the value of sacks and the unwritten law of interceptions.
NFL Today: The Golden Age Of The Ground Game
Teams have never passed the ball more often than they do in the modern NFL. But all those aerials have softened up defenses underneath for running backs to exploit. The 2011 and 2012 seasons were the most explosive for ball carriers in NFL history.
Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
It's never been easier to run the ball in the NFL. Conversely, it's never been tougher to play run defense. The list of worst run defenses in NFL history is littered with recent teams, including the 2012 Saints and Colts.
The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
Here's a look at all 42 teams in NFL history that averaged 5.0 YPA on the ground or more. The 2012 season was the first ever to produce four teams that averaged 5.0 YPA or more.
The New Orleans Saints, BountyGate And History’s First 7,000-Yard Defense
The New Orleans Saints defense was overrun last year like the Mexican-American border before harvest season. The pressure is on Drew Brees to continue his world-class play and on rookie first-round pick Kenny Vaccaro to make an immediate and much-needed impact in the secondary.
NFL Draft First-Round Riches: Rams, Jets, Vikings Multiple Picks
The Rams, Jets and Vikings all had multiple 1st-round picks in the 2013 draft. But striking it rich with two studs is unlikely says Scott Kacsmar, adding that the Vikings landed one first rounder with bust written all over him.
- Former Bears WR David Terrell Says He'd Cut Off His Balls To Play W Jay Cutler
- Roger Goodell Defends Redskins Name In Letter To Congress
- Video: Pat Imig's FN NFL Update June 09
- Chuck Norris: 'Clutch' Tim Tebow An 'Athletic Warrior'
- Congress Wants The Redskins To Change Name - I Want Congress To Change Its Name
- CHFF on Twitter: It's All Tebow, All The Time
- Wes Welker Excited About "Freedom" In Denver
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012