Cold, Hard Football Facts Archives
Mike Wallace To Miami: Dolphins Make A Splash In Free Agency
The Miami Dolphins landed former Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace, one of the big veteran prizes available here in 2013. It's always bad to overpay for WRs. But in terms of statistical need, Wallace to Miami makes perfect sense.
Free Agency Silly Season Is Here; 2013 Salary Cap $123M
The free-agent frenzy gets underway today (Tuesday, March 12) at 4 p.m. Here's a look at some of the ins-and-outs of free agency, the "silly season" of the NFL calendar.
NFL Offseason: The Good News and the Bad News for the AFC North
It's the third installment of looking at the NFL's eight divisions. This week, the AFC North, which may be the best of the bunch.
Gutless NFL Coaches Fail Badly In Four-Minute Offense
NFL coaches fold badly in four-minute situations, say Captain Comeback Scott Kacsmar. Given a chance to put teams away with one well-executed drive, they stubbornly refuse to pass the football, opening the door for a late rally by opponents.
Back To Basics: New England Patriots Can Win, Even Thrive, Without Wes Welker
Wes Welker is destined for free agency and Patriots fans wonder if the team can live without the record-setting slot man. The reality is that the Patriots can not only live without Welker, they can thrive without Welker.
NFL Offseason: The Good News and the Bad News for the NFC East
It's the second installment of our look back at each division this past season and beyond. Last season, the Redskins were the beast of the NFC East.
Alex Over Geno Smith: Kansas City Chiefs’ History of Thrift-Store QBs
The Kansas City Chiefs do their QB shopping at the thrift store. The latest purchase? Alex Smith. Scott Kacsmar examines a franchise that has gone 30 years since drafting a QB that won a game for them.
Alex Smith: The Best Quarterback Who Ever Got Benched
Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith will soon head to the Kansas City Chiefs, and with the move ends the saga of the most bizarre and statistically inexplicable benching in the history of the NFL.
NFL Offseason: Good News and Bad News for AFC East
With apologies to the Academy Awards, we're taking two-thirds of one of the most recognizable movie titles ever. Here's a look at the AFC East.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012