Cold, Hard Football Facts Archives
2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
The 2013 NFL schedule is here and Scott Kacsmar says it looks like the Year of the Denver Broncos, who enjoy high-profile games and an easy schedule. But strength of schedule before the season often looks much different at the end of the season.
Boston In Lockdown: Wild Night, Day In Hub
Boston is in virtual lockdown Friday morning, with public transportation shut down, schools closed in an entire town looking like a war zone in the wake of a night of terror on the streets.
Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
No city mixes sports and patriotism quite like Boston does on the third Monday of each April – Patriots Day. It’s no coincidence that terrorists chose this day, this location, to attack the city.
Graphic Photos Of Boston Marathon Bombing
These photos of the immediate aftermath of the Boston Marathon bombing were taken by an acquaintance on the scene. They're pretty graphic, showing the horrible leg injuries the victims suffered. You've been warned.
Terror Strikes Boston On Its Most Patriotic Sports Day
Former Patriots lineman Joe Andruzzi helped carry a woman to safety after his Patriots Day Marathon party was hit by one of the bombs in Boston in Monday. The terror tore into one of the most patriotic and festive sports days in America.
The Legend of Limas Sweed: The NFL Receiver Who Couldn't Catch
Draft-niks gushed over Texas Longhorns wide receiver Lima Sweed back in 2008. They overlooked one little problem: Sweed couldn't catch syphilis in a Thai whorehouse. Scott Kacsmar pens a cautionary tale.
NFL Offseason: Good News And Bad News For NFC West
Once upon a time seven wins was good enough to win the NFC West. Today the rough-and-tumble NFC West is one of the sexiest divisions in football. Pro Football Guru Russell Baxter gives us the statistical highs and lows.
Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012
The 2012 draft and the following season proved, yet again, that high-priced wide receivers are little more than Shiny Hood Ornaments, the most overvalued position in all of sports. We review an ugly, ugly year for teams that chased wide receivers in the draft.
Tall Task: Does Height Matter For NFL Quarterbacks?
After Seattle shrimp Russell Wilson’s excellent rookie season, does height still matter for a NFL quarterback? Scott Kacsmar examines if bigger is better, or if NFL teams need to widen their thinking.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012