Cold, Hard Football Facts Archives
Intelligence Index Week 16 Picks: Two Gifts That Keep On Giving
Our Intelligence Index Mental Mismatches have been money makers all year long, especially when betting against dumb teams. When in doubt, go against Nos. 31 and 32 on the indicator, two squads that are redefining inefficiency in 2013.
The New York Giants, and the Great Crash of 2013
A look at the worst season-to-season offensive collapses of the last 25 years shows a lot of common threads: hurt QBs, age catching up, fluky years reversed. So what's the Giants' excuse?
Week 15 in Review: Holiday Feast Turns to Famine
Favored contenders like New England, Cincinnati, Denver, Philadelphia, Dallas and New Orleans not only failed to cover, but all lost outright in Week 15. Four of them cost us against-the-spread victories (NE, CIN, PHI, NO).
Week 16 NFL Snapshots: The Christmas Rush
19 teams remain alive as Santa Claus loads up his sleigh. Justin Henry looks at who's been good, and who's getting coal'd this season.
It Was Charles Clay On 4th-and-5... But He Had Help
The football world lauded Miami tight end Charlie Clay helping keep the Dolphins' season alive, but Clay wasn't the only one deserving credit.
2013: The Year Of The 14-Point Comeback
With two weeks remaining in the regular season, there have been 18 comeback wins of at least 14 points, tied for the most in a season in NFL history (18 in 2011).
Drew Brees: Cursed By Brett Favre's Wrangler Jeans
In the first half of Brett Favre's career, when he was slinging the ball around the field like a gunslinger, he struggled mightily against the St. Louis Rams. At some point, he passed this ailment to Drew Brees. Patrick Imig examines.
Bloated Yardage Totals Creating Record Season For All 32 Teams
NFL games have averaged 703.2 total yards per game, which is on pace to surpass the single-season record set in 2012 (694.4 per game)
King of Props Stays Hot As Temperatures Drop
The "King of Props" has brought the heat all season, posting a royal record of 41-20-1 (.672). He can ice a fourth straight winning week with tonight's play.
Good Grief! Isn’t There Anyone Who Knows What the AFC Is All About?
Charlie Brown famously yells out before the Peanuts Christmas pageant, “Isn’t there anyone who knows what Christmas is all about!” We felt the same exasperation in Week 15 over the state of the AFC. Three contenders pissed away a chance to take charge against ho-ho-hum pretenders.
- Disappointing Falcons, Texans League-Worst 0-8 vs. Quality Opponents
- Stifling Seahawks (No. 1 Scoring D); Red-Hot Chiefs (No. 3 Scoring O) Top CHFF Power Rankings
- Listen To FF Champs Radio, 12-2 ET Tuesday
- St. Louis 27, New Orleans 16: Rams Compound Saints Road Problems
- Bloated Yardage Totals Creating Record Season For All 32 Teams
- Miami 24, New England 20: Dolphins Alter AFC Landscape
- Russell Wilson Joins Dan Marino, Peyton Manning in Record Books
- Seattle 23, New York Giants 0: Seahawks Silence Giants
- 2013: The Year Of The 14-Point Comeback
- Hold Your Horses! Denver Broncos Lose Game, AFC Upper Hand