White Jordy Nelson Making Headlines Again
It's not often that you earn recognition for breaking news on the Internet, but our Patrick Imig was very excited when he received the following email some time Monday afternoon.
The story - published Nov. 21, 2011 - broke the news that Nelson has been playing with a disability uncommon in most NFL wide receivers, but one that has become more prevalent than in past years.
Imig's report that Nelson is white earned him the honor of the hallowed 2500 Game Ball.
In a statement obtained by Cold Hard Football Facts, Imig said:
"I'd like to thank the readers for believing in me and in my credibility as an Internet reporter. I would also like to thank Jordy Nelson, for succeeding in the face of insurmountable adversity. I'd also like to thank Wes Welker, Ed McCaffrey and Ricky Proehl for paving the way for people born with this chronic ailment.
"I'd also like to thank Kerry Byrne, Scott Kacsmar and Todd DeVries for having more game balls than me. Your performances are an inspiration."
Imig - who can be heard with Kerry Byrne every Wednesday on the Cold Hard Football Facts on Patriots.com - also passed along an Internet post card that was sent to readers last Fall.
We urge readers to keep their attention on Brian Hartline, who is suffering from a similar ailment as Nelson before him.
- FF Champs Radio: Today From 12-2 pm ET
- Saints Top NFL With 6 Quality Wins; 5 Losers With 0 Quality Wins
- Seahawks, Panthers Remain Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings Despite Losses
- Drew Brees: Fastest Player To 50,000 In History
- Cincinnati Dismantles Indianapolis; AFC North Title In Sight
- Lions, Big Runs & Snow - Oh My! Chip's Eagles Overcome Early Woes
- Sad-Sack Houston Texans: The Dumbest Team In Football
- San Francisco 19, Seattle 17: 49ers Serve Notice
- College Football Awards: Regular Season Finale Edition
- Brady on Gronk Injury: "No one feel sorry for us".