White Jordy Nelson Making Headlines Again
It's not often that you earn recognition for breaking news on the Internet, but our Patrick Imig was very excited when he received the following email some time Monday afternoon.
The story - published Nov. 21, 2011 - broke the news that Nelson has been playing with a disability uncommon in most NFL wide receivers, but one that has become more prevalent than in past years.
Imig's report that Nelson is white earned him the honor of the hallowed 2500 Game Ball.
In a statement obtained by Cold Hard Football Facts, Imig said:
"I'd like to thank the readers for believing in me and in my credibility as an Internet reporter. I would also like to thank Jordy Nelson, for succeeding in the face of insurmountable adversity. I'd also like to thank Wes Welker, Ed McCaffrey and Ricky Proehl for paving the way for people born with this chronic ailment.
"I'd also like to thank Kerry Byrne, Scott Kacsmar and Todd DeVries for having more game balls than me. Your performances are an inspiration."
Imig - who can be heard with Kerry Byrne every Wednesday on the Cold Hard Football Facts on Patriots.com - also passed along an Internet post card that was sent to readers last Fall.
We urge readers to keep their attention on Brian Hartline, who is suffering from a similar ailment as Nelson before him.
- Play Fantasy Football in Seconds with Fantasy Spin Quick Pick
- Panthers Better Than Falcons in 17 of 22 Quality Stats
- Steelers-Seahawks tight statistical showdown
- Patriots, Panthers Have Each Faced Just 1 Quality Opponent
- New England Heads to Denver Dominant in Quality Stats Battle
- Cardinals, Patriots Top 2 in Mother of All Stats, Passer Rating Differential
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls