The Buffalo Bills can't get anything right
The Buffalo Bills have given up 97 points in their last two games - a 52-28 loss to the Patriots in Week 4 and a 45-3 loss to the 49ers on Sunday.
The team's free agent prize of the off-season, Mario Williams, has been largely ineffective through five games. Williams has registered just 1.5 sacks, which puts him on pace for a grand total of five for the season (the same total he registered in five games in 2011 before succumbing to injury). He's been credited with nine tackles.
This doesn't scream "$100 Million" production nor does it represent the production worthy of $50 million in guaranteed income.
And it certainly doesn't shield Williams from scrutiny - even from the NFL. The league is investigating whether the Bills are in violation of policies regarding injury disclosure.
From the Buffalo News:
Williams hasn't tried to hide the injury. He has grumbled about a sore left wrist for a few weeks and has worn a brace in plain view. Bills coach Chan Gailey first publicly mentioned Williams' wrist injury Aug. 27.
But Williams has yet to appear on an injury report this season.
The issue is whether Williams should be listed or not. He has participated fully in every practice. That said, the NFL wants teams to identify injuries to reduce the chance of people trading inside information for gambling purposes.
If he's participating fully in practice, the case should be closed.
The Bills, meanwhile, need to figure a way to improve their 29th ranking in Defensive Hog Index and Defensive Passer Rating.
Otherwise Bills fan Mark Miller is going to be another year older and more starved for pigskin success.
Hang in there, Mark.
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review