Tavon Austin-Mania Kicks Off In Cleveland
by: Patrick Imig (Tweet @patrickimig)
Rams first-round pick Tavon Austin is generating a lot of positive buzz in St. Louis and around the country.
Just last week on The Morning After radio show on CBSSports 920 in St. Louis, Joe Buck relayed the story that Cortland Finnegan said (paraphrasing) "Tavon Austin is the best player he's ever seen".
Mike Mayock of the NFL Network says Austin might be the most explosive player he's ever seen.
NFL.com Columnist and radio host Adam Schein has this to say about Austin in his Thursday column:
The reviews of Austin's practice work, study habits and play with the Rams have been stellar and eye-opening. General manager Les Snead was smart to trade up in April's draft to nab him.
I think he's going to instantly become quarterback Sam Bradford's go-to-guy, a true home-run hitter. I can't wait to watch him against the Cleveland Browns on Thursday night ; I think it will be the start of something special.
The Rams have a great opportunity to be a true sleeper team this year, and Austin is a big reason for that.
There are a lot of ways to describe Tavon Austin.
Austin made his NFL debut Thursday night in Cleveland, a 27-19 Browns victory. He did not record a catch or carry and dropped one pass.
But it sounds like eyes and ears of the football world will be tuned in to Tavon-Mania throughout the year.
- History Says Arizona, Cincinnati and Philadelphia Will Make Playoffs
- CHFF Flashback: Colin Kaepernick Has Worst QB Performance of 2013
- Andy Dalton Passes Aaron Rodgers In Record Books
- Quotes From Ravens Fans Who Support Ray Rice
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team
- Best NFL Records Of The Past 10 Years
- Audio: The Cold Hard Football Facts Hosted By Pat Imig
- Cardinals And Chargers: Charting Their Courses After Week 1
- Groundhog Day: Seattle Dominates Green Bay