Tavon Austin-Mania Kicks Off In Cleveland
by: Patrick Imig (Tweet @patrickimig)
Rams first-round pick Tavon Austin is generating a lot of positive buzz in St. Louis and around the country.
Just last week on The Morning After radio show on CBSSports 920 in St. Louis, Joe Buck relayed the story that Cortland Finnegan said (paraphrasing) "Tavon Austin is the best player he's ever seen".
Mike Mayock of the NFL Network says Austin might be the most explosive player he's ever seen.
NFL.com Columnist and radio host Adam Schein has this to say about Austin in his Thursday column:
The reviews of Austin's practice work, study habits and play with the Rams have been stellar and eye-opening. General manager Les Snead was smart to trade up in April's draft to nab him.
I think he's going to instantly become quarterback Sam Bradford's go-to-guy, a true home-run hitter. I can't wait to watch him against the Cleveland Browns on Thursday night ; I think it will be the start of something special.
The Rams have a great opportunity to be a true sleeper team this year, and Austin is a big reason for that.
There are a lot of ways to describe Tavon Austin.
Austin made his NFL debut Thursday night in Cleveland, a 27-19 Browns victory. He did not record a catch or carry and dropped one pass.
But it sounds like eyes and ears of the football world will be tuned in to Tavon-Mania throughout the year.
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review