Stat Pack Week 9: Brain Dead Zombies in Big D?
By Adam Dobrowolski
Cold, Hard Football Facts Chief Mathletics Advisor
Well, there's the Cowboys people know. Despite a game in which Dallas won the Intelligence Index battle by more than 11 yards per point, the Cowboys still find a way to make an epic collapse and grab defeat from the jaws of victory. It all came with a slew of poor game management mistakes and small, untimely gaffes that gave the Lions an avenue for the comeback.
Does this mean that Dallas is due for another late-season disappointment? Stat Pack host Adam Dobrowolski looks at what ailed the Cowboys and discusses the chances of the third-ranked team in the Intelligence Index suddeningly becoming of the league's dumbest teams once again.
Also he looks at the mid-season mark for Big D and compares the Cowboys (4-4 with a +44 point margin) to other mid-season .500 teams with a high scoring differential.
Finally, Dobrowolski gives his usual six pack of subjects. This includes what the CHFF Big Board has to say about the Seahawks' O-line and Steelers' pass defense, as well as Week 9's "tricks" and "treats" according to the Intelligence Index.
Onto the fun, only with this week's Stat Pack!
For those who are interested in checking out bits and pieces of this week's podcasts, every edition will include a "playlist" of sorts breaking down every segment from the podcast.
2:05 -- Mathletics from Week 8: Big D's Epic Collapse
12:15 -- Week 8 Big Board Highlights
16:55 -- Week 8 Review of the King of Props
19:40 -- The Six Pack Week 9 Power Rankings: Best Balanced Teams
27:55 -- Week 9 Preview via the Intelligence Index
29:30 -- Six Pack of Top Games for Week 9
- Play Fantasy Football in Seconds with Fantasy Spin Quick Pick
- Panthers Better Than Falcons in 17 of 22 Quality Stats
- Steelers-Seahawks tight statistical showdown
- Patriots, Panthers Have Each Faced Just 1 Quality Opponent
- New England Heads to Denver Dominant in Quality Stats Battle
- Cardinals, Patriots Top 2 in Mother of All Stats, Passer Rating Differential
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls