Stat Pack Week 7: Brain Surgery on the Dumb Texans
By Adam Dobrowolski
Cold, Hard Football Facts Chief Mathletics Advisor
Another week, another batch of stupid play for the Houston Texans. However, even for this team's 2013 standard, last week's debacle was a new low. During a 38-13 home loss to the lowly St. Louis Rams, the Texans permitted their opponents less than six yards per points scored. The issue of Bendability hits an all-time low, as Houston is allowing under nine yards per point scored. Note that through six weeks, no team before (since we started tracking this in 2004) allowed under 10 yards per point scored.
As a result, Stat Pack host Adam Dobrowolski decided to perform the first ever "brain surgery" of an NFL team. Using his time-proven Mathletics, he breaks down what ails Houston. Better yet, he finds a potential answer to the speculation if the Texans are done for good. Surprisingly so, it's not a guarantee that Houston will be sitting at home come playoff time.
Per usual, Dobrowolski looks a whole six pack of subjects. This week, he uses CHFF's Big Board (available as an Insider) to discuss if the Packers' D-Hogs are just fine without Clay Matthews and if the Chiefs need to start worrying about Alex Smith.
And while looking ahead to Week 7, Stat Pack shows which two games this week are guaranteed to be smart and quality football. No surprise, those games don't involve the Houston Texans.
For those who are interested in checking out bits and pieces of this week's podcasts, every edition will include a "playlist" of sorts breaking down every segment from the podcast.
1:55 -- Mathletics from Week 6: Houston Texans Brain Surgery
11:50 -- Week 6 Big Board Highlights
16:15 -- Week 6 Review of the King of Props
21:00 -- Week 7 Quality Stats Power Rankings Top Six: Trending UP or DOWN?
26:35 -- Week 7 Preview via the Intelligence Index
29:05 -- Six Pack of Top Games for Week 7
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team