Stat Pack Week 13: Hitting the Home Stretch
By Adam Dobrowolski
Cold, Hard Football Facts Chief Mathletics Advisor
Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! Now marks the beginning of the best part of the season. With every team now completing their bye week, we've more or less hit a second checkpoint in the season. Thus, for this week's Thanksgiving edition of Stat Pack, the playoff picture takes center stage.
Using the Quality Stats Power Rankings as the indicator, we predicted each game for the final five weeks of the season. Note that a threshold of eight ranks was used for home-field advantage. (For example, in Week 17, the 9th-ranked Eagles travel to face the 17th-ranked Cowboys. The Cowboys would win this match-up, according to the criteria used for this week's podcast.)
As a result, for got the following records:
- AFC divisional winners: Chiefs 14-2, Patriots 13-3, Bengals 12-4, Colts 10-6
- AFC wild cards: Broncos 13-3, Titans 8-8
- NFC divisional winners: Seahawks 14-2, Saints 12-4, Eagles 10-6, Lions 10-6
- NFC wild cards: Panthers 12-4, 49ers 11-5
- The rest: Bears 10-6, Cardinals 9-7, Cowboys 9-7, Jets 8-8, Packers 7-8-1, Bills 7-9, Chargers 7-9, Ravens 7-9, Steelers 7-9, Dolphins 6-10, Rams 6-10, Browns 5-11, Giants 5-11, Redskins 5-11, Buccaneers 4-12, Raiders 4-12, Falcons 3-13, Jaguars 3-13, Vikings 2-13-1, Texans 2-14
So who does Adam Dobrowolski BUY or SELL as living up to their projected playoff billing?
Also, it's a stacked Week 13, so Dobrowolski previews the Thanksgiving games via the Intelligence Index and ranks the top six games among the various great battles.
Make sure to check out this week's six pack of topics on Stat Pack!
For those who are interested in checking out bits and pieces of this week's podcasts, every edition will include a "playlist" of sorts breaking down every segment from the podcast.
1:50 -- Mathletics: BUY or SELL playoff contenders
14:55 -- Week 12 Big Board Highlights
21:35 -- King of Props Week 12 Review
23:05 -- The Stat Pack Week 13 Power Rankings
25:50 -- Week 13 Preview via the Intelligence Index
29:00 -- Six Pack of Top Games for Week 13
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team