Stat Pack Week 10: We Bully Miami's Failed Offensive Line
By Adam Dobrowolski
Cold, Hard Football Facts Chief Mathletics Adviso
We kick off the Week 10 Stat Pack podcast by bullying Richie Incognito and the dismal Offensive Hogs of the Miami Dolphins.
Also, now that most teams are eight games through the season, it's time to put the money where the preseason mouth was talking.
Although there was no preseason Stat Pack podcast, there were some preseason expectations due to regression. Of note, the following were addressed:
- The rookie quarterback class (Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Russell Wilson and even Nick Foles included)
- The Colts' and Vikings' 2013 record
- The Eagles' pass defense, including its TD% and DPR
- The Bears' pass defense, including its INT return TD
- The Dolphins' Bendability
- Dez Bryant and Eric Decker's receiving numbers for 2013
To be blunt, not all the projections are living up to the billing. However, as it normally goes with the Mathletics, the majority of the predictions are well on track to being correct.
These projections go under the microscope for the mid-season Mathletics, but it's not the only projection we're doing on this week's Stat Pack. Host Adam Dobrowolski offers his six pack of teams that will be the best in the regular season's second half. This includes a pair of under .500 teams trying to make a playoff run and a quartet of contenders looking to hit a Super Bowl stride come January. Note that this doesn't project the season's end power rankings.
And, of course, there needs to be some commentary on another highly-publicized drama in the NFL: the reports claiming that Richie Incognito bullied his fellow offensive lineman Jonathan Martin. While Dobrowolski doesn't want to get into much discussion about the accusation, he will say two things: (1) a real man doesn't need to bully (and just doesn't do it, period), and (2) the Cold, Hard Football Facts give us a telling picture of the dysfunction on the Miami O-line. Check out those facts, baby, and become a CHFF Insider while you're at it.
Onto the fun, only with this week's Stat Pack!
For those who are interested in checking out bits and pieces of this week's podcasts, every edition will include a "playlist" of sorts breaking down every segment from the podcast.
0:45 -- A factual take on Richie Incognito and the Dolphins O-line
7:00 -- Mathletics from Week 9: Midseason Report Card
16:55 -- Week 9 Big Board Highlights
21:35 -- The Six Pack Week 10 Power Rankings: Second Half's Best Teams
29:45 -- Week 10 Preview via the Intelligence Index
32:30 -- Six Pack of Top Games for Week 10
- Play Fantasy Football in Seconds with Fantasy Spin Quick Pick
- Panthers Better Than Falcons in 17 of 22 Quality Stats
- Steelers-Seahawks tight statistical showdown
- Patriots, Panthers Have Each Faced Just 1 Quality Opponent
- New England Heads to Denver Dominant in Quality Stats Battle
- Cardinals, Patriots Top 2 in Mother of All Stats, Passer Rating Differential
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls