Stat Pack: One-Dimensional Green Bay Packers in Big Trouble
Maybe the Mainstream Media needs to wake up and realize that there's still more to football than the offensive aerial assault. Sure, the Green Bay Packers went 15-1 last year by primarily attacking through the air, but this year sees the Packers facing a 2-3 start with the dominant Houston Texans on tap for Sunday night's game.
In the Week 6 edition of "Stat Pack," Adam Dobrowolski explains why this should be no surprise involving the Packers' decline. After all, Green Bay set a league record for Offensive Passer Rating last year, and that wasn't going to happen in 2012 by the laws of Mathletics. Now that Aaron Rodgers came back down to Earth, suddenly this team is scrambling to find the balance it had during the run to win Super Bowl XLV. The cheese may get a bit more bitter in Wisconsin soon.
Also of note, Dobrowolski discusses which two coaches deserve heavy scrutiny for costing their respective teams some ball games, while he looks at the silver lining to the Kansas City Chiefs' horrid start. What about regression says things will look up for the Turbo Lover (Jamaal Charles) and the Chiefs offense?
As for a look ahead to Week 6, find out which game could make season-changing implications in what was expected to be one of the league's closest divisional races.
For those who are interested in checking out bits and pieces of this week's podcasts, every edition will include a "playlist" of sorts breaking down every segment from the podcast.
0:00 to 23:40 -- Six Pack of Statements
- 1:10 -- The Cardinals will finish last in the NFC West
- 6:00 -- Green Bay's one-dimensional offense foreshadowed their struggles
- 10:05 -- The Tebow effect for the Jets offense cost them a MNF win
- 13:10 -- Kansas City still has hope with Brady Quinn
- 17:15 -- Ron Rivera again cost his team a chance to win on fourth down
- 20:00 -- Andy Reid deserves more blame than Michael Vick for the Eagles' struggles
23:40 to 28:45 -- Six Pack of Top Players from Week 5 (the Peanut-Briggs duo, the 49ers O-hogs, Reggie Wayne, Drew Brees, the Giants O-hogs, the Rams D-hogs)
28:45 to 31:20 -- Six Pack of the NFL's Best Teams (Houston Texans, Atlanta Falcons, Chicago Bears, San Francisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens, Arizona Cardinals)
31:20 to 36:50 -- Six Pack of Great Games in Week 6 (Cowboys at Ravens, Rams at Dolphins, Giants at 49ers, Patriots at Seahawks, Packers at Texans, Broncos at Chargers)
- Play Fantasy Football in Seconds with Fantasy Spin Quick Pick
- Panthers Better Than Falcons in 17 of 22 Quality Stats
- Steelers-Seahawks tight statistical showdown
- Patriots, Panthers Have Each Faced Just 1 Quality Opponent
- New England Heads to Denver Dominant in Quality Stats Battle
- Cardinals, Patriots Top 2 in Mother of All Stats, Passer Rating Differential
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls