Stat Pack: 2011 Draft Class Owns the Best Defensive Hogs
While the 2012 NFL Draft class continues to make headlines with its superb quarterback play, the 2011 NFL Draft class hold a spot of greatness of its own. Perhaps one day, football historians will recall 2012 as the year when several of the league's all-time greats got their start as rookies and starting signal callers. With a 4:1 TD:INT ratio, Robert Griffin III already looks like a stud. Meanwhile, Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck are proving to live up to the hype in their own right.
However, historians should open up the books for the Defensive Hogs and the historical impact from the 2011 NFL Draft class. Already, front seven studs like Aldon Smith, J.J. Watt and Von Miller are proving to be elite players with Hall of Fame futures. Could they become the best draft class for any front seven unit in NFL history? Adam Dobrowolski, the host of this week's Stat Pack podcast, believes there's already a case to be made.
Meanwhile, Dobrowolski introduces a new feature for his six pack of headlines: the LOL's of the week. Can anybody guess this week's top LOL? Here's a hint: we all know a lot of rice is good for you, but there's no reason for it to be a life saver in a football game.
There's all that, and much more to enjoy in the Week 13 edition of "Stat Pack" on Cold, Hard Football Facts!
For those who are interested in checking out bits and pieces of this week's podcasts, every edition will include a "playlist" of sorts breaking down every segment from the podcast.
0:00 to 22:20 -- Six Pack of Statements
- 0:50 -- Why the 2011 draft class has the best front seven
- 5:05 -- Why the NFC sixth-seed race will see a road victory this week
- 10:05 -- The LOL's of the week
- 14:50 -- Why Moustache Movember needs to be banned in the NFL
- 16:20 -- Why concerns about the Texans are overblown
- 19:15 -- Why the Bengals finally proved to be true contenders
22:20 to 26:25 -- Three Pack of "Mathletics" Regression from Week 12, non-Thanksgiving version (Jaguars home scoring, Rams takeaways and Steelers Offensive Passer Rating)
26:25 to 31:05 -- Six Pack of the NFL's Best Teams (Houston Texans, New England Patriots, San Francisco 49ers, Denver Broncos, Chicago Bears, Baltimore Ravens)
31:05 to 37:45 -- Six Pack of Intriguing Match-ups in Week 12 (Vikings at Packers, Saints at Falcons, Giants at Redskins, Steelers at Ravens, Buccaneers at Broncos, Seahawks at Bears)
- CHFF Flashback: Colin Kaepernick Has Worst QB Performance of 2013
- Patriots Turn It Around With Win Over Minnesota
- Andy Dalton Passes Aaron Rodgers In Record Books
- Quotes From Ravens Fans Who Support Ray Rice
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Cardinals And Chargers: Charting Their Courses After Week 1
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team
- Best NFL Records Of The Past 10 Years
- Audio: The Cold Hard Football Facts Hosted By Pat Imig
- Groundhog Day: Seattle Dominates Green Bay