Scouts Have Doubts Following Michael Sam Debut
Michael Sam made his preseason debut Friday night for the St. Louis Rams. He finished with one tackle.
So what are his chances of making a team already stacked on the defensive line? About what you'd expect.
Via USA Today ...
"I think he's going to struggle against the run. But he does have a little juice off the edge."
"He's a chase player right now. He's too stiff to play inside. He's got straight-line speed. I don't think he has very good quickness. It's a bit surprising he played left end because he's not that strong."
"He does fly around a little bit. He's a good hustle player. I just wonder if that's enough. He's a stiff dude. But if you can run and hustle, you give yourself a chance."
While Sam was the co-defensive player of the year in the best conference in college football last year, he padded his sack total in the front-end of non-conference opponents.
One thing we know for sure: he won't be replacing Robert Quinn or Chris Long in the starting lineup if he makes the 53-man roster.
- Jaguars Outlast Titans In XFL Classic
- NFL Week 16 Game Capsules
- Jeremy Hill & ODB Setting Rookie Records While Veterans Fitzgerald, Smith & Wayne Make History
- Comebacks, Touchdowns and Yards Galore: NFL 2014
- Saints at Bears And a Bizarre Playoff Race
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Game-Changers Down the Stretch
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team