Scouts Have Doubts Following Michael Sam Debut
Michael Sam made his preseason debut Friday night for the St. Louis Rams. He finished with one tackle.
So what are his chances of making a team already stacked on the defensive line? About what you'd expect.
Via USA Today ...
"I think he's going to struggle against the run. But he does have a little juice off the edge."
"He's a chase player right now. He's too stiff to play inside. He's got straight-line speed. I don't think he has very good quickness. It's a bit surprising he played left end because he's not that strong."
"He does fly around a little bit. He's a good hustle player. I just wonder if that's enough. He's a stiff dude. But if you can run and hustle, you give yourself a chance."
While Sam was the co-defensive player of the year in the best conference in college football last year, he padded his sack total in the front-end of non-conference opponents.
One thing we know for sure: he won't be replacing Robert Quinn or Chris Long in the starting lineup if he makes the 53-man roster.
- CHFF Flashback: Colin Kaepernick Has Worst QB Performance of 2013
- Patriots Turn It Around With Win Over Minnesota
- Andy Dalton Passes Aaron Rodgers In Record Books
- Quotes From Ravens Fans Who Support Ray Rice
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Cardinals And Chargers: Charting Their Courses After Week 1
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team
- Best NFL Records Of The Past 10 Years
- Audio: The Cold Hard Football Facts Hosted By Pat Imig
- Groundhog Day: Seattle Dominates Green Bay