Scouts Have Doubts Following Michael Sam Debut
Michael Sam made his preseason debut Friday night for the St. Louis Rams. He finished with one tackle.
So what are his chances of making a team already stacked on the defensive line? About what you'd expect.
Via USA Today ...
"I think he's going to struggle against the run. But he does have a little juice off the edge."
"He's a chase player right now. He's too stiff to play inside. He's got straight-line speed. I don't think he has very good quickness. It's a bit surprising he played left end because he's not that strong."
"He does fly around a little bit. He's a good hustle player. I just wonder if that's enough. He's a stiff dude. But if you can run and hustle, you give yourself a chance."
While Sam was the co-defensive player of the year in the best conference in college football last year, he padded his sack total in the front-end of non-conference opponents.
One thing we know for sure: he won't be replacing Robert Quinn or Chris Long in the starting lineup if he makes the 53-man roster.
- Play Fantasy Football in Seconds with Fantasy Spin Quick Pick
- Week 12 Quality Stats Breakdown: Vikings-Falcons
- Steelers-Seahawks tight statistical showdown
- Patriots, Panthers Have Each Faced Just 1 Quality Opponent
- New England Heads to Denver Dominant in Quality Stats Battle
- Cardinals, Patriots Top 2 in Mother of All Stats, Passer Rating Differential
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls