Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
The nation's biggest craft brewery, Boston Beer Co., joins the canned craft-beer craze next week with the release of its flagship Samuel Adams Boston Lager in cans.
The specially designed "Sam Can" is meant to enhance the flavor of the aromatic German-style lager:
- it comes with a lider lid for more air flow
- the lid is pushed back slightly, toward the center of the can, so it's closer to the nose when you drink
- and the extended lip is meant to place the beer at the front of the tongue, which some say is more sensitive to flavor.
Cans have two main advantages over bottles. One, they're lighter and more convenient, which is especially good in the summer drinking season when you want to pack as much beer as possible in your cooler or on your boat. Of course, cans are great for your autumn tailgate parties, as well.
And two, cans protect beer much better from sunlight, which breaks down hops and gives off that "skunky" smell associated with bad beer.
- Play Fantasy Football in Seconds with Fantasy Spin Quick Pick
- Panthers Better Than Falcons in 17 of 22 Quality Stats
- Steelers-Seahawks tight statistical showdown
- Patriots, Panthers Have Each Faced Just 1 Quality Opponent
- New England Heads to Denver Dominant in Quality Stats Battle
- Cardinals, Patriots Top 2 in Mother of All Stats, Passer Rating Differential
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls