Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
The nation's biggest craft brewery, Boston Beer Co., joins the canned craft-beer craze next week with the release of its flagship Samuel Adams Boston Lager in cans.
The specially designed "Sam Can" is meant to enhance the flavor of the aromatic German-style lager:
- it comes with a lider lid for more air flow
- the lid is pushed back slightly, toward the center of the can, so it's closer to the nose when you drink
- and the extended lip is meant to place the beer at the front of the tongue, which some say is more sensitive to flavor.
Cans have two main advantages over bottles. One, they're lighter and more convenient, which is especially good in the summer drinking season when you want to pack as much beer as possible in your cooler or on your boat. Of course, cans are great for your autumn tailgate parties, as well.
And two, cans protect beer much better from sunlight, which breaks down hops and gives off that "skunky" smell associated with bad beer.
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review