Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
The nation's biggest craft brewery, Boston Beer Co., joins the canned craft-beer craze next week with the release of its flagship Samuel Adams Boston Lager in cans.
The specially designed "Sam Can" is meant to enhance the flavor of the aromatic German-style lager:
- it comes with a lider lid for more air flow
- the lid is pushed back slightly, toward the center of the can, so it's closer to the nose when you drink
- and the extended lip is meant to place the beer at the front of the tongue, which some say is more sensitive to flavor.
Cans have two main advantages over bottles. One, they're lighter and more convenient, which is especially good in the summer drinking season when you want to pack as much beer as possible in your cooler or on your boat. Of course, cans are great for your autumn tailgate parties, as well.
And two, cans protect beer much better from sunlight, which breaks down hops and gives off that "skunky" smell associated with bad beer.
- The Berger-Bowl Becomes the Bell Show For the Steeler's Win
- Chiefs @ Raiders Thursday Night Preview
- J.J. Watt And Demaryius Thomas Dominating The Competition
- NFC Rookies Making Big Impact In 2014 Season
- Keep The Faith: 20 Teams Since 1990 With Losing Record After Nine Games Have Made Playoffs
- Tony Romo Now 25-5 All Time In November
- Pro Football's Battlefield Heroes
- No Surprise: NFL Teams On Pace To Score Most Points In History
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team