Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
The nation's biggest craft brewery, Boston Beer Co., joins the canned craft-beer craze next week with the release of its flagship Samuel Adams Boston Lager in cans.
The specially designed "Sam Can" is meant to enhance the flavor of the aromatic German-style lager:
- it comes with a lider lid for more air flow
- the lid is pushed back slightly, toward the center of the can, so it's closer to the nose when you drink
- and the extended lip is meant to place the beer at the front of the tongue, which some say is more sensitive to flavor.
Cans have two main advantages over bottles. One, they're lighter and more convenient, which is especially good in the summer drinking season when you want to pack as much beer as possible in your cooler or on your boat. Of course, cans are great for your autumn tailgate parties, as well.
And two, cans protect beer much better from sunlight, which breaks down hops and gives off that "skunky" smell associated with bad beer.
- Week 14 Scores And Stats
- Cincinnati Dismantles Indianapolis; AFC North Title In Sight
- Lions, Big Runs & Snow - Oh My! Chip's Eagles Overcome Early Woes
- Sad-Sack Houston Texans: The Dumbest Team In Football
- Gridiron Godfather Roger Goodell Whacks Mike Tomlin With $100,000 Fine
- Tom Brady Aces Final Quarter Exam ... Every Season
- Week 14 NFL Snapshots: Litmus Test Continues
- Russell Wilson Setting Records Like It's His Job
- NFL Week 14 Game Capsules
- Seahawks/49ers, Bengals/Colts & Panthers/Saints Highlight Week 14 Slate