Redskins burned by Shanahan freeze
The Rams 31-28 win over the Redskins had a lot of subplots trickling out into week three. Most notably, the replacement refs were atrocious and missed a clear Steven Jackson touchdown.
The 'Skins also had to deal with Joshua Morgan's stupid 15-yd penalty that knocked Washington out of reasonable field goal range late in the game.
Lost in the hoopla involving replacement refs and dumb penalties is the fact that Mike Shanahan gave the Rams three points in a game that was decided by ... three points.
Just before halftime, Shanahan attempted to ice rookie kicker Greg Zuerlein as he was set to boot a 42-yd field goal. Zuerlein's attempt as the whistles blew sailed wide-left.
After the timeout expired, Zuerlein tried again and successfully converted the three-pointer.
This is not the first time Shanahan and the Redskins were burned by his attempt to ice the kicker. Last season, Shanahan's tactics burned his team in a loss to the Dallas Cowboys.
This is one reason why people with permanently sun-burned faces shouldn't attempt to ice the kicker.
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks NFL Week 7 w the Adam Jones Show on 98.5 The Sports Hub
- NFL Quarterbacks On Pace For Highest Yards Per Attempt Avg In History
- San Diego @ Denver: TNF Preview
- Broncos D Shines On Manning's Night
- Rams QB Austin Davis Is Saving A Fan Base From Apathy
- Dallas Downs New York Giants: 3 Things We Learned
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks NFL On Sportsnet 590 The Fan Toronto
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team
- Best NFL Records Of The Past 10 Years