Norv Turner and his Terrible Towel
With Roger Goodell stepping away from bounty appeals in favor of his predecessor Paul Tagliabue, he and the NFL figured, "what the hell, let's go after Norv Turner".
And why not? You'd figure it would be fun.
The Chargers and Norv Turner are accused of using the illegal substance "stickum" in the team's historic collapse against the Broncos on Monday Night Football in Week 6.
According to Norv, it's not illegal ... it's all about an old towel.
"Nobody in this organization has used Stickum in any game. The question involved a towel that has been used by this organization for over 10 years. It's used by a lot of teams in this league. The towel is used to dry the balls, dry the gloves that the players wear and their arms. The league is looking into the towel. That's about where it's at."
The use of 10-year old towels and stickum ... the floor is now open for your interpretation.
The Chargers, meanwhile, are in a tailspin after getting off to a 3-1 start. They're No. 25 in our Quality Stats Power Rankings. Someone get Turner another towel.
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team