Norv Turner and his Terrible Towel
With Roger Goodell stepping away from bounty appeals in favor of his predecessor Paul Tagliabue, he and the NFL figured, "what the hell, let's go after Norv Turner".
And why not? You'd figure it would be fun.
The Chargers and Norv Turner are accused of using the illegal substance "stickum" in the team's historic collapse against the Broncos on Monday Night Football in Week 6.
According to Norv, it's not illegal ... it's all about an old towel.
"Nobody in this organization has used Stickum in any game. The question involved a towel that has been used by this organization for over 10 years. It's used by a lot of teams in this league. The towel is used to dry the balls, dry the gloves that the players wear and their arms. The league is looking into the towel. That's about where it's at."
The use of 10-year old towels and stickum ... the floor is now open for your interpretation.
The Chargers, meanwhile, are in a tailspin after getting off to a 3-1 start. They're No. 25 in our Quality Stats Power Rankings. Someone get Turner another towel.
- Play Fantasy Football in Seconds with Fantasy Spin Quick Pick
- Panthers Better Than Falcons in 17 of 22 Quality Stats
- Steelers-Seahawks tight statistical showdown
- Patriots, Panthers Have Each Faced Just 1 Quality Opponent
- New England Heads to Denver Dominant in Quality Stats Battle
- Cardinals, Patriots Top 2 in Mother of All Stats, Passer Rating Differential
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls