No. 11 Dominates Week 2; Is 11 The New Sexy?
By Patrick Imig
Cold Hard Football Facts 11th President (@patrickimig)
Alex Smith - The 49ers Plan B hasn’t been 49ers-flashy, but he’s been deadly efficient. Smith holds a 94.7 passer rating (four touchdowns, zero interceptions). The Chiefs are 2-0, equaling the team’s 2012 win total.
Tavon Austin - The No. 8 overall draft pick hauled in his first two career touchdown receptions in St. Louis’ 31-24 loss to Atlanta.
Austin also rushed two times for 8 yards taking his season total to seven. He’s now just 230 yards behind league leader LeSean McCoy.
Julian Edelman - In the Patriots’ Wet & Ugly over the Jets, Edelman caught 13 passes for 78 yards. That’s 6.0 yards per catch. For context, Adrian Peterson’s averaged 6.0 yards every time he ran the ball in 2012.
Trindon Holliday - The Broncos special teams ace returned a punt 81 yards for a touchdown in Denver’s 41-23 win over the Giants.
Eddie Royal - Royal caught 8 passes for 90 yards with three touchdowns in the Chargers win over the Eagles. He has five scores through two games after totaling five in his previous 52.
*Unconfirmed reports suggest there are 11 people who are excited about Jaguars football. This may or may not include family members.
- The Berger-Bowl Becomes the Bell Show For the Steeler's Win
- Chiefs @ Raiders Thursday Night Preview
- J.J. Watt And Demaryius Thomas Dominating The Competition
- NFC Rookies Making Big Impact In 2014 Season
- Keep The Faith: 20 Teams Since 1990 With Losing Record After Nine Games Have Made Playoffs
- Tony Romo Now 25-5 All Time In November
- Pro Football's Battlefield Heroes
- No Surprise: NFL Teams On Pace To Score Most Points In History
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team