No. 11 Dominates Week 2; Is 11 The New Sexy?
By Patrick Imig
Cold Hard Football Facts 11th President (@patrickimig)
Alex Smith - The 49ers Plan B hasn’t been 49ers-flashy, but he’s been deadly efficient. Smith holds a 94.7 passer rating (four touchdowns, zero interceptions). The Chiefs are 2-0, equaling the team’s 2012 win total.
Tavon Austin - The No. 8 overall draft pick hauled in his first two career touchdown receptions in St. Louis’ 31-24 loss to Atlanta.
Austin also rushed two times for 8 yards taking his season total to seven. He’s now just 230 yards behind league leader LeSean McCoy.
Julian Edelman - In the Patriots’ Wet & Ugly over the Jets, Edelman caught 13 passes for 78 yards. That’s 6.0 yards per catch. For context, Adrian Peterson’s averaged 6.0 yards every time he ran the ball in 2012.
Trindon Holliday - The Broncos special teams ace returned a punt 81 yards for a touchdown in Denver’s 41-23 win over the Giants.
Eddie Royal - Royal caught 8 passes for 90 yards with three touchdowns in the Chargers win over the Eagles. He has five scores through two games after totaling five in his previous 52.
*Unconfirmed reports suggest there are 11 people who are excited about Jaguars football. This may or may not include family members.
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review