NFL Quality Stats Power Rankings Top 10
Our Power Rankings are not based upon gooey feelings about which team is the best. They’re based instead on empirical data, on the all-powerful Cold, Hard Football Facts.
We size up every team across the board in all of our Quality Stats, each of which has a direct correlation to winning football games. The No. 1 team on the list is the team with the highest average ranking; the No. 32 team on the list the team with the lowest average ranking.
2. Indianapolis Colts – Andrew Luck is the leader, but his fronted right now by the best offensive line in football. Indy ranks No. 1 on the Offensive Hog Index.
3. Seattle Seahawks – The Seahawks are No. 2 in Defensive Real QB Rating, behind only the Chiefs, and virtually untouchable at home. Seattle is 7-0 in its last seven home games, and has outscored its opponents 252-73 in those games.
4. New Orleans Saints – The rejuvenated defense is the story: the 5-0 Saints are No. 3 in Bendability (defensive efficiency) and No. 2 in defensive Relativity, holding opponents 8.7 PPG below their average in other games.
5. Denver Broncos – Peyton Manning and the Broncos easily top the NFL in every measure of passing efficiency. But their defense right now has huge holes in it: No. 28 in Total Team Yards Allowed , No. 31 in Defensive Rusher Rating and No. 32 and dead last in Defensive Real Passing YPA
6. Tennessee Titans – The surprising Titans have lost just three turnovers this year and rank in the top 10 in two critical measures of team success: No. 8 in Passer Rating Differential and No. 5 in Real Quarterback Rating Differential.
7. New England Patriots – The “Get Tough or Die” Patriots are No. 2 in scoring defense and No. 2 in Bendability (defensive efficiency); but Tom Brady and the offense are a meager No. 26 in Real Passing Yards Per Attempt.
8. Detroit Lions – The Lions are +19.74 in Passer Rating Differential , the Mother of All Stats, good enough for sixth league wide and one of the best marks in the inglorious history of the franchise.
10. San Francisco 49ers – The 49ers right now do not possess the explosive punch most folks thought they’d have at this point in the season: No. 20 in Real Quarterback Rating; No. 24 in Time of Possession; No. 27 in Total Team Yards. But a No. 2 spot in Defensive Passer Rating makes them dangerous.
- FF Champs Radio: Today From 12-2 pm ET
- NFL Games Averaging More Total Yards Than Ever
- Saints Top NFL With 6 Quality Wins; 5 Losers With 0 Quality Wins
- Seahawks, Panthers Remain Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings Despite Losses
- Drew Brees: Fastest Player To 50,000 In History
- Cincinnati Dismantles Indianapolis; AFC North Title In Sight
- Sad-Sack Houston Texans: The Dumbest Team In Football
- San Francisco 19, Seattle 17: 49ers Serve Notice
- Wintry Images: Cinematic Snow Blankets NFL Week 14 Schedule
- Cold Hard Autopsy: Gary Kubiak And The Houston Texans