NFC West Teams Feasting On AFC South
Entering the 2013 regular season, the NFC West was believed to be the best division in football.
As former Arizona Cardinals coach Denny Green once said, "they are who we thought they were".
Based solely on record, NFC West teams have a combined 28-15 record, with San Francisco capping off the Week 12 slate against Washington Monday night. For reference, the AFC West stands at 27-17.
One thing to keep in mind with the NFC West teams: they've feasted on the feeble AFC South, the worst division in football with a combined record of 16-28.
In 15 games, the NFC West is 12-3 vs the AFC South, having outscored AFC South teams by a combined score of 455-259.
That's an average score of 30-17 per game.
Here's how each NFC West team has fared against their AFC South adversaries. We look into this because Arizona just dismantled the Colts 40-11.
Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians must have had a great scouting report on the Colts.
The Cardinals have outscored AFC South foes by a score of 94-49.
27-24 over Houston
27-14 over Jacksonville
40-11 over Indy
Travel to Tennessee in Week 15
San Francisco (3-1)
The 49ers have outscored their AFC South foes 114-57.
7-27 to Indianapolis (loss)
34-3 over Houston
31-17 over Tennessee
42-10 over Jacksonville
The Seahawks have outscored AFC South teams 116-84. The bulk of these games came early to mid season.
45-17 over Jacksonville
23-20 over Houston
28-34 to Indianapolis (loss)
20-13 over Tennessee
St. Louis (3-1)
The Rams have outscored AFC South teams 131-69.
34-20 over Jacksonville
38-13 over Houston
21-28 to Tennessee (loss)
38-8 over Indianapolis
Pretty convincing stuff. The NFC West thanks the AFC South for playing.
- Play Fantasy Football in Seconds with Fantasy Spin Quick Pick
- Panthers Better Than Falcons in 17 of 22 Quality Stats
- Steelers-Seahawks tight statistical showdown
- Patriots, Panthers Have Each Faced Just 1 Quality Opponent
- New England Heads to Denver Dominant in Quality Stats Battle
- Cardinals, Patriots Top 2 in Mother of All Stats, Passer Rating Differential
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls