NFC West Teams Feasting On AFC South
Entering the 2013 regular season, the NFC West was believed to be the best division in football.
As former Arizona Cardinals coach Denny Green once said, "they are who we thought they were".
Based solely on record, NFC West teams have a combined 28-15 record, with San Francisco capping off the Week 12 slate against Washington Monday night. For reference, the AFC West stands at 27-17.
One thing to keep in mind with the NFC West teams: they've feasted on the feeble AFC South, the worst division in football with a combined record of 16-28.
In 15 games, the NFC West is 12-3 vs the AFC South, having outscored AFC South teams by a combined score of 455-259.
That's an average score of 30-17 per game.
Here's how each NFC West team has fared against their AFC South adversaries. We look into this because Arizona just dismantled the Colts 40-11.
Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians must have had a great scouting report on the Colts.
The Cardinals have outscored AFC South foes by a score of 94-49.
27-24 over Houston
27-14 over Jacksonville
40-11 over Indy
Travel to Tennessee in Week 15
San Francisco (3-1)
The 49ers have outscored their AFC South foes 114-57.
7-27 to Indianapolis (loss)
34-3 over Houston
31-17 over Tennessee
42-10 over Jacksonville
The Seahawks have outscored AFC South teams 116-84. The bulk of these games came early to mid season.
45-17 over Jacksonville
23-20 over Houston
28-34 to Indianapolis (loss)
20-13 over Tennessee
St. Louis (3-1)
The Rams have outscored AFC South teams 131-69.
34-20 over Jacksonville
38-13 over Houston
21-28 to Tennessee (loss)
38-8 over Indianapolis
Pretty convincing stuff. The NFC West thanks the AFC South for playing.
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review