Mike Shanhan, Redskins Are Ruining RGIII's Explosive Rookie Year
As you may know, Cold, Hard Football Facts Potentate of Pigskin Kerry J. Byrne chimes in each week on SI.com with the chilliest statistical storylines in football.
This week he looks at the brilliant play of Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III ... and how Mike Shanahan is going to ruin the greatest rookie campaign of all time by pairing RGIII with perhaps the worst defenses in franchise history.
Writes Byrne: "(RGIII) reminds the Cold, Hard Football Facts of one of those barroom conversations you might have about building the perfect quarterback: pair Michael Vick's legs with Peyton Manning's crunch-time proficiency and Drew Brees' pinpoint accuracy. Then dub your robo-QB RGIII."
Conversely, the Redskins are on pace to surrender 457 points, which would be the most in franchise history, and 5,255 passing yards, which would be the most allowed by any team ever.
As a result, the Redskins are 3-4 and in last place in the NFC East, despite the most proficient quarterback in football.
- Peyton Manning More Prolific Than Previously Thought
- Texans Roll Into Pittsburgh And Roll Over For Steelers
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks NFL Week 7 w the Adam Jones Show on 98.5 The Sports Hub
- NFL Quarterbacks On Pace For Highest Yards Per Attempt Avg In History
- San Diego & Denver: Experts In Red Zone Offensive Efficiency
- Broncos D Shines On Manning's Night
- Rams QB Austin Davis Is Saving A Fan Base From Apathy
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Weakness for One-Loss Teams
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team