Mike Shanhan, Redskins Are Ruining RGIII's Explosive Rookie Year
As you may know, Cold, Hard Football Facts Potentate of Pigskin Kerry J. Byrne chimes in each week on SI.com with the chilliest statistical storylines in football.
This week he looks at the brilliant play of Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III ... and how Mike Shanahan is going to ruin the greatest rookie campaign of all time by pairing RGIII with perhaps the worst defenses in franchise history.
Writes Byrne: "(RGIII) reminds the Cold, Hard Football Facts of one of those barroom conversations you might have about building the perfect quarterback: pair Michael Vick's legs with Peyton Manning's crunch-time proficiency and Drew Brees' pinpoint accuracy. Then dub your robo-QB RGIII."
Conversely, the Redskins are on pace to surrender 457 points, which would be the most in franchise history, and 5,255 passing yards, which would be the most allowed by any team ever.
As a result, the Redskins are 3-4 and in last place in the NFC East, despite the most proficient quarterback in football.
- The Berger-Bowl Becomes the Bell Show For the Steeler's Win
- Chiefs @ Raiders Thursday Night Preview
- J.J. Watt And Demaryius Thomas Dominating The Competition
- NFC Rookies Making Big Impact In 2014 Season
- Keep The Faith: 20 Teams Since 1990 With Losing Record After Nine Games Have Made Playoffs
- Tony Romo Now 25-5 All Time In November
- Pro Football's Battlefield Heroes
- No Surprise: NFL Teams On Pace To Score Most Points In History
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team