Mike Shanhan, Redskins Are Ruining RGIII's Explosive Rookie Year
As you may know, Cold, Hard Football Facts Potentate of Pigskin Kerry J. Byrne chimes in each week on SI.com with the chilliest statistical storylines in football.
This week he looks at the brilliant play of Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III ... and how Mike Shanahan is going to ruin the greatest rookie campaign of all time by pairing RGIII with perhaps the worst defenses in franchise history.
Writes Byrne: "(RGIII) reminds the Cold, Hard Football Facts of one of those barroom conversations you might have about building the perfect quarterback: pair Michael Vick's legs with Peyton Manning's crunch-time proficiency and Drew Brees' pinpoint accuracy. Then dub your robo-QB RGIII."
Conversely, the Redskins are on pace to surrender 457 points, which would be the most in franchise history, and 5,255 passing yards, which would be the most allowed by any team ever.
As a result, the Redskins are 3-4 and in last place in the NFC East, despite the most proficient quarterback in football.
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team