Mike Shanhan, Redskins Are Ruining RGIII's Explosive Rookie Year
As you may know, Cold, Hard Football Facts Potentate of Pigskin Kerry J. Byrne chimes in each week on SI.com with the chilliest statistical storylines in football.
This week he looks at the brilliant play of Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III ... and how Mike Shanahan is going to ruin the greatest rookie campaign of all time by pairing RGIII with perhaps the worst defenses in franchise history.
Writes Byrne: "(RGIII) reminds the Cold, Hard Football Facts of one of those barroom conversations you might have about building the perfect quarterback: pair Michael Vick's legs with Peyton Manning's crunch-time proficiency and Drew Brees' pinpoint accuracy. Then dub your robo-QB RGIII."
Conversely, the Redskins are on pace to surrender 457 points, which would be the most in franchise history, and 5,255 passing yards, which would be the most allowed by any team ever.
As a result, the Redskins are 3-4 and in last place in the NFC East, despite the most proficient quarterback in football.
- Wise Guys: Broncos, Patriots, 49ers Top Expected Win Totals In 2013
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- 'Cheeseheads' Reality Show Destined To Suck
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012