Michael Strahan to host Live! w/ Kelly Ripa
Strahan will assume the role after the announcement is made official in September, according to broadcastingcable.com.
Even when he assumes the new role, Strahan is expected to remain in his role with Fox NFL Sunday, as first reported by Joe Flint in the Los Angeles Times. The long-running ABC franchise originates weekdays from New York, while Fox’s popular NFL studio programming is in Los Angeles.
Strahan outlasted singer-songwriter Josh Groban and the ultra vanilla, not-so-funnyman Seth Myers of SNL fame. (If Myers was a quarterback, he'd be Trent Dilfer.) Reports that Rippa lobbied for Strahan after successfully kicking a paper-football field goal through Strahan's gap teeth are both unconfirmed and unfounded.
- Aaron Hernandez Quizzed In Death Probe: Tough Week To Be Patriots Tight End
- Former Bears WR David Terrell Says He'd Cut Off His Balls To Play W Jay Cutler
- Roger Goodell Defends Redskins Name In Letter To Congress
- Video: Pat Imig's FN NFL Update June 09
- Chuck Norris: 'Clutch' Tim Tebow An 'Athletic Warrior'
- NFL Today: The Golden Age Of The Ground Game
- Wes Welker Excited About "Freedom" In Denver
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Real Quarterback Rating Differential: A New Mother Of All Stats?