Michael Strahan to host Live! w/ Kelly Ripa
Strahan will assume the role after the announcement is made official in September, according to broadcastingcable.com.
Even when he assumes the new role, Strahan is expected to remain in his role with Fox NFL Sunday, as first reported by Joe Flint in the Los Angeles Times. The long-running ABC franchise originates weekdays from New York, while Fox’s popular NFL studio programming is in Los Angeles.
Strahan outlasted singer-songwriter Josh Groban and the ultra vanilla, not-so-funnyman Seth Myers of SNL fame. (If Myers was a quarterback, he'd be Trent Dilfer.) Reports that Rippa lobbied for Strahan after successfully kicking a paper-football field goal through Strahan's gap teeth are both unconfirmed and unfounded.
- Gridiron Godfather Roger Goodell Whacks Mike Tomlin With $100,000 Fine
- Tom Brady Aces Final Quarter Exam ... Every Season
- Seattle Reasserts Dominance Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings
- Predators: New England Patriots As Predictable As Ahnold
- Historic Beating: ‘Scumbag’ Detroit Lions Humiliate Green Bay Packers
- Russell Wilson Setting Records Like It's His Job
- Josh Gordon, Adrian Peterson and Alshon Jeffery: Week 13 Statistical Heroes
- NFL Week 14 Game Capsules
- Trifecta, King Of Props Power Week 13 Results
- Seahawks/49ers, Bengals/Colts & Panthers/Saints Highlight Week 14 Slate