Luke Kuechly's 24 Tackles, One Interception Puts Him In Rare Air
SEVEN FROM SUNDAY – WEEK 16
From NFL Media Services
A look at seven statistical highlights from games played at 1:00 p.m. ET and 4:00 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 22, the 16th week of the 2013 season.
- All four division winners in the AFC have now been determined. The DENVER BRONCOS, who defeated Houston 37-13, clinched the AFC West and a first-round bye. The NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS, who defeated Baltimore 41-7, clinched the AFC East. The CINCINNATI BENGALS, who defeated Minnesota 42-14, clinched the AFC North. The INDIANAPOLIS COLTS, who defeated Kansas City 23-7, had already clinched the AFC South entering Week 16.
In the NFC, the CAROLINA PANTHERS defeated New Orleans 17-13 and clinched a playoff berth. The Panthers join the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS, who had already clinched a postseason berth, in the NFC playoff field. None of the four division winners in the NFC have been determined. The CHICAGO BEARS can win the NFC North this week if they defeat Philadelphia in tonight’s game. The Seahawks can win the NFC West and clinch home-field advantage this week if San Francisco loses tomorrow night against Atlanta.
- Denver quarterback PEYTON MANNING passed for 400 yards and four touchdowns in the Broncos’ win. Manning has 51 touchdown passes and passed TOM BRADY (50 in 2007) for the most touchdown passes in a single season in NFL history.
Manning has 5,211 passing yards and is the fifth different player to throw for at least 5,000 yards in a single season. He joins DREW BREES (three times), Pro Football Hall of FamerDAN MARINO, TOM BRADY and MATTHEW STAFFORD.
Manning is the first player in NFL history to pass for 5,000 yards and 50 touchdowns in the same season.
- New England quarterback TOM BRADY led the Patriots to a 41-7 win at Baltimore as New England clinched the AFC East today. Brady has led his team to 11 division titles, the most by a starting quarterback in NFL history.
Denver’s PEYTON MANNING, whose Broncos clinched the AFC West today, has led his team to 10 division titles. Brady and Manning are the only two starting quarterbacks in NFL history to win at least 10 division titles.
- Indianapolis quarterback ANDREW LUCK passed for 241 yards and a touchdown in the Colts’ 23-7 win at Kansas City. In his second season, Luck has 21 career wins and tied Pro Football Hall of Famer DAN MARINO for the third-most victories by a starting quarterback in his first two NFL seasons during the Super Bowl era.
Luck has 7,914 career passing yards and passed PEYTON MANNING (7,874) for the second-most by a player in his first two seasons. With one game remaining, Luck needs seven yards to pass CAM NEWTON (7,920) for the most.
- Cincinnati’s ANDY DALTON and Denver’s PEYTON MANNING each threw four touchdown passes without an interception today. There have been 17 such performances this season, one shy of the single-season record of 18 set in 2004.
- Carolina linebacker LUKE KUECHLY had 24 tackles and an interception in the Panthers’ win over New Orleans. Since tackles were tracked 1994, Kuechly’s 24 tackles are tied for the most in a game (New York Jets’ DAVID HARRIS, November 4, 2007).
Kuechly is the first player since Tampa Bay’s DERRICK BROOKS (September 30, 2001) to record at least 20 tackles and an interception in the same game.
- Arizona head coach BRUCE ARIANS, in his first season with the club, won his 10th game with the Cardinals in the team’s 17-10 win at Seattle. Arians joins NORM BARRY (11 wins in 1925) as the only head coaches in franchise history to win at least 10 games in their first season with the franchise.
Cardinals linebacker KARLOS DANSBY had an interception in today’s victory and has 6.5 sacks, four interceptions and two interception-return touchdowns this season. He is the fourth player with at least six sacks, four interceptions and two interception-return touchdowns in a season since the sack became an official statistic in 1982.
- Texans Roll Into Pittsburgh And Roll Over For Steelers
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks NFL Week 7 w the Adam Jones Show on 98.5 The Sports Hub
- NFL Quarterbacks On Pace For Highest Yards Per Attempt Avg In History
- San Diego @ Denver: TNF Preview
- Broncos D Shines On Manning's Night
- Rams QB Austin Davis Is Saving A Fan Base From Apathy
- Dallas Downs New York Giants: 3 Things We Learned
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks NFL On Sportsnet 590 The Fan Toronto
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team