Happy Madden Day From The CHFFs
In 1989, John Madden Football debuted on the MS-DOS platform, Apple II and Commodore 64.
Due to licensing issues, there were no player names or team names.
However, even in its infancy stages, the game provided a glimpse into the future of the Madden franchise.
Users could select the type of weather for each game: hot, rain, snow, cold and windy.
Users could also select the quarter length: 8, 10, 12 or 15 minutes and included player fatigue, injuries and penalties.
In a foreshadowing of things to come, you could also create a team from scratch.
If that box cover from the inaugural Madden game doesn't make you say "HEY" or "BOOM", you are not a football fan.
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team