Great Moments in Beer: 'Cheers' Debuted 30 Years Ago Today
Sitcom classic "Cheer" debuted 30 years ago today, on Sept. 30, 1982.
It was a show about overweight and socially awkward friendless shut-ins who sat around all day drinking beer, eating bar snacks and spouting useless trivia. Their pals include a pair of mindless bartenders, a washed up old drunk of an ex-athlete, a slutty, foul-mouthed working class waitress and two slumming pent-up bar matrons.
In other words, it was a show that largely made the Cold, Hard Football Facts crew what we are today.
Bottoms up, Cliff and Normie!
- Aaron Hernandez Quizzed In Death Probe: Tough Week To Be Patriots Tight End
- Former Bears WR David Terrell Says He'd Cut Off His Balls To Play W Jay Cutler
- Roger Goodell Defends Redskins Name In Letter To Congress
- Video: Pat Imig's FN NFL Update June 09
- Chuck Norris: 'Clutch' Tim Tebow An 'Athletic Warrior'
- NFL Today: The Golden Age Of The Ground Game
- Wes Welker Excited About "Freedom" In Denver
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Real Quarterback Rating Differential: A New Mother Of All Stats?