Great Moments in Beer: 'Cheers' Debuted 30 Years Ago Today
Sitcom classic "Cheer" debuted 30 years ago today, on Sept. 30, 1982.
It was a show about overweight and socially awkward friendless shut-ins who sat around all day drinking beer, eating bar snacks and spouting useless trivia. Their pals include a pair of mindless bartenders, a washed up old drunk of an ex-athlete, a slutty, foul-mouthed working class waitress and two slumming pent-up bar matrons.
In other words, it was a show that largely made the Cold, Hard Football Facts crew what we are today.
Bottoms up, Cliff and Normie!
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review