Great Moments in Beer: 'Cheers' Debuted 30 Years Ago Today
Sitcom classic "Cheer" debuted 30 years ago today, on Sept. 30, 1982.
It was a show about overweight and socially awkward friendless shut-ins who sat around all day drinking beer, eating bar snacks and spouting useless trivia. Their pals include a pair of mindless bartenders, a washed up old drunk of an ex-athlete, a slutty, foul-mouthed working class waitress and two slumming pent-up bar matrons.
In other words, it was a show that largely made the Cold, Hard Football Facts crew what we are today.
Bottoms up, Cliff and Normie!
- Gridiron Godfather Roger Goodell Whacks Mike Tomlin With $100,000 Fine
- Tom Brady Aces Final Quarter Exam ... Every Season
- Seattle Reasserts Dominance Atop Quality Stats Power Rankings
- Predators: New England Patriots As Predictable As Ahnold
- Historic Beating: ‘Scumbag’ Detroit Lions Humiliate Green Bay Packers
- Russell Wilson Setting Records Like It's His Job
- Josh Gordon, Adrian Peterson and Alshon Jeffery: Week 13 Statistical Heroes
- NFL Week 14 Game Capsules
- Trifecta, King Of Props Power Week 13 Results
- Seahawks/49ers, Bengals/Colts & Panthers/Saints Highlight Week 14 Slate