Frosty Orange Crush: Our Man Winkler In Denver
Cold, Hard Football Facts AFC West beat man and U.S. Marine Nate Winkler is a rabid Broncos fan and jetted out to Denver for the big Ravens game today, obviously letting down his iron facade of CHFF reporter loyal only to the facts.
We believe that's against company policy. We'll have to go check the CHFF manual. Maybe we'll let it slide this time.
In any case, the trip to frigid Sports Authority Field began well for Winkler.
"So I sat next to this guy on my flight, talked football the whole time," writes Winkler from outside Mile High. "Turns out he went to high school with my cousin and just randomly showed up at our tailgate. John Kowaleski is his name."
But will the trip end well for Winkler? Last year, he was at the Tim Tebow-led 29-23 overtime victory over the Steelers in the wildcard round. The place was delirious that day, he said. Now expectations are much higher this year for Peyton Manning's team.
That's "Von Miller" Winkler on the left and his new bud Killer Kowaleski on the right.
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review