Famed Film Director Steve James Talks Concussion Crisis With Our Pigskin Peeps
It's called the Sports-Casters, and this week they tackle one of the biggest issues in football.
They discuss the concussion crisis in football and in other sports with famed film director Steve James, the man behind the the new documentary "Head Games."
James is best known for his 1994 documentary "Hoop Dreams" and has had five films premiere at the Sundance Film Festival.
Listen to the entire podcast right here.
"Head Games" focuses on current and former NFL players that have had their lives changed by the effects of concussions they received while playing football.
James talks about what inspired him to make Head Games, how what he has learned about the dangers of football has changed his fan experience, and reveals if he would allow his own children to play the game
Check out the Sports-Casters archives right here.
You'll find great interviews with leading voices in the football media, including Peter King of SI.com, Greg Cosell of NFL Films, Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports and the directors of HBO series "Hard Knocks."
- NFL Week 4 Preview
- Chicago Capitalizes On Jet's Mistakes On Monday Night
- History Says Arizona, Cincinnati and Philadelphia Will Make Playoffs
- Quotes From Ravens Fans Who Support Ray Rice
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team
- Best NFL Records Of The Past 10 Years
- Audio: The Cold Hard Football Facts Hosted By Pat Imig