Famed Film Director Steve James Talks Concussion Crisis With Our Pigskin Peeps
It's called the Sports-Casters, and this week they tackle one of the biggest issues in football.
They discuss the concussion crisis in football and in other sports with famed film director Steve James, the man behind the the new documentary "Head Games."
James is best known for his 1994 documentary "Hoop Dreams" and has had five films premiere at the Sundance Film Festival.
Listen to the entire podcast right here.
"Head Games" focuses on current and former NFL players that have had their lives changed by the effects of concussions they received while playing football.
James talks about what inspired him to make Head Games, how what he has learned about the dangers of football has changed his fan experience, and reveals if he would allow his own children to play the game
Check out the Sports-Casters archives right here.
You'll find great interviews with leading voices in the football media, including Peter King of SI.com, Greg Cosell of NFL Films, Jason LaCanfora of CBS Sports and the directors of HBO series "Hard Knocks."
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- NFL VP of Officiating Dean Blandino Talks Dez Bryant No-Catch Ruling
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team