Embarrassing: Replacement Side Judge Brian Stropolo to be Replaced
Like Mother Pigskin always said, "don't post incriminating pictures of yourself on Facebook".
In this case, the crime was a replacement side judge wearing Saints gear. From NFL.com:
The NFL has pulled replacement official Brian Stropolo from his duties as side judge in the New Orleans Saints-Carolina Panthers game Sunday, according to NFL executive vice president of football operations Ray Anderson.
Photographs and on Stropolo's Facebook show him wearing Saints gear, as first reported by ESPN. However, the NFL did not confirm that the social media account was the reason for his removal. Stropolo's Facebook account is no longer publicly available.
Anderson said the league decided to err on the side of caution as to prevent any storylines or excuses that could be related to potential conflicts in-game.
If you're wondering, the pictures in discussion include this ...
Good move on the part of the NFL, as this could have caused some problems after the fact.
As for the Saints, it's beginning to look like the Football Gods have it out for the team in 2012. Karma, perhaps.
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team