Embarrassing: Replacement Side Judge Brian Stropolo to be Replaced
Like Mother Pigskin always said, "don't post incriminating pictures of yourself on Facebook".
In this case, the crime was a replacement side judge wearing Saints gear. From NFL.com:
The NFL has pulled replacement official Brian Stropolo from his duties as side judge in the New Orleans Saints-Carolina Panthers game Sunday, according to NFL executive vice president of football operations Ray Anderson.
Photographs and on Stropolo's Facebook show him wearing Saints gear, as first reported by ESPN. However, the NFL did not confirm that the social media account was the reason for his removal. Stropolo's Facebook account is no longer publicly available.
Anderson said the league decided to err on the side of caution as to prevent any storylines or excuses that could be related to potential conflicts in-game.
If you're wondering, the pictures in discussion include this ...
Good move on the part of the NFL, as this could have caused some problems after the fact.
As for the Saints, it's beginning to look like the Football Gods have it out for the team in 2012. Karma, perhaps.
- Jaguars Outlast Titans In XFL Classic
- NFL Week 16 Game Capsules
- Jeremy Hill & ODB Setting Rookie Records While Veterans Fitzgerald, Smith & Wayne Make History
- Comebacks, Touchdowns and Yards Galore: NFL 2014
- Saints at Bears And a Bizarre Playoff Race
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Game-Changers Down the Stretch
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team