Embarrassing: Replacement Side Judge Brian Stropolo to be Replaced
Like Mother Pigskin always said, "don't post incriminating pictures of yourself on Facebook".
In this case, the crime was a replacement side judge wearing Saints gear. From NFL.com:
The NFL has pulled replacement official Brian Stropolo from his duties as side judge in the New Orleans Saints-Carolina Panthers game Sunday, according to NFL executive vice president of football operations Ray Anderson.
Photographs and on Stropolo's Facebook show him wearing Saints gear, as first reported by ESPN. However, the NFL did not confirm that the social media account was the reason for his removal. Stropolo's Facebook account is no longer publicly available.
Anderson said the league decided to err on the side of caution as to prevent any storylines or excuses that could be related to potential conflicts in-game.
If you're wondering, the pictures in discussion include this ...
Good move on the part of the NFL, as this could have caused some problems after the fact.
As for the Saints, it's beginning to look like the Football Gods have it out for the team in 2012. Karma, perhaps.
- The Berger-Bowl Becomes the Bell Show For the Steeler's Win
- Chiefs @ Raiders Thursday Night Preview
- J.J. Watt And Demaryius Thomas Dominating The Competition
- NFC Rookies Making Big Impact In 2014 Season
- Keep The Faith: 20 Teams Since 1990 With Losing Record After Nine Games Have Made Playoffs
- Tony Romo Now 25-5 All Time In November
- Pro Football's Battlefield Heroes
- No Surprise: NFL Teams On Pace To Score Most Points In History
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team