Embarrassing: Replacement Side Judge Brian Stropolo to be Replaced
Like Mother Pigskin always said, "don't post incriminating pictures of yourself on Facebook".
In this case, the crime was a replacement side judge wearing Saints gear. From NFL.com:
The NFL has pulled replacement official Brian Stropolo from his duties as side judge in the New Orleans Saints-Carolina Panthers game Sunday, according to NFL executive vice president of football operations Ray Anderson.
Photographs and on Stropolo's Facebook show him wearing Saints gear, as first reported by ESPN. However, the NFL did not confirm that the social media account was the reason for his removal. Stropolo's Facebook account is no longer publicly available.
Anderson said the league decided to err on the side of caution as to prevent any storylines or excuses that could be related to potential conflicts in-game.
If you're wondering, the pictures in discussion include this ...
Good move on the part of the NFL, as this could have caused some problems after the fact.
As for the Saints, it's beginning to look like the Football Gods have it out for the team in 2012. Karma, perhaps.
- CHFF Flashback: Colin Kaepernick Has Worst QB Performance of 2013
- Patriots Turn It Around With Win Over Minnesota
- Andy Dalton Passes Aaron Rodgers In Record Books
- Quotes From Ravens Fans Who Support Ray Rice
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Cardinals And Chargers: Charting Their Courses After Week 1
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team
- Best NFL Records Of The Past 10 Years
- Audio: The Cold Hard Football Facts Hosted By Pat Imig
- Groundhog Day: Seattle Dominates Green Bay