Embarrassing: Replacement Side Judge Brian Stropolo to be Replaced
Like Mother Pigskin always said, "don't post incriminating pictures of yourself on Facebook".
In this case, the crime was a replacement side judge wearing Saints gear. From NFL.com:
The NFL has pulled replacement official Brian Stropolo from his duties as side judge in the New Orleans Saints-Carolina Panthers game Sunday, according to NFL executive vice president of football operations Ray Anderson.
Photographs and on Stropolo's Facebook show him wearing Saints gear, as first reported by ESPN. However, the NFL did not confirm that the social media account was the reason for his removal. Stropolo's Facebook account is no longer publicly available.
Anderson said the league decided to err on the side of caution as to prevent any storylines or excuses that could be related to potential conflicts in-game.
If you're wondering, the pictures in discussion include this ...
Good move on the part of the NFL, as this could have caused some problems after the fact.
As for the Saints, it's beginning to look like the Football Gods have it out for the team in 2012. Karma, perhaps.
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review