Brandon Jacobs is "Rotting Away" in San Francisco; Brandon Weeden Leading the Browns to Relevance
by Patrick Imig (@patrickimig)
Cold Hard Football Facts' Brandon Beat Reporter
It's not often that a backup running back who's rushed for seven yards on five carries in two games makes headlines on a first place team, but that's what's happening with Brandon Jacobs in San Francisco.
Jacobs has taken to his social media channels to vent his frustration: "In recent days, he posted a series of photos of himself playing for the Giants — and even a picture of his two Super Bowl championship rings, side by side.
“I am on this team rotting away so why would I wanna put any pics up of anything that say niners,” Jacobs said. “This is by far the worst year I ever had, I’ll tell you like I told plenty others.”'
You have to wonder at what point Jim Harbaugh and the 49ers will cut their losses and cut Jacobs. Harbaugh was asked about Jacobs' comments after the 49ers 27-13 win over the Dolphins and said, "I have no comment for that".
BRANDON CARR - The Cowboys CB showed serious cojones and heart in Dallas' 20-19 win over the Bengals. Saturday morning Carr said good bye to his friend Kasandra Perkins, who was killed by Jovan Belcher a week earlier.
After the service, Carr got the news that Cowboys practice squad teammate Jerry Brown died in an automobile accident.
Some 24 hours later, Carr held Bengals' stud WR A.J. Green to three catches on 44 yards. Carr also grabbed an interception that set up one of Dallas' touchdowns.
BRANDON GIBSON - The Rams WR hauled in six passes for 100 yards and the game-winning touchdown with 48 seconds to play against the Bills in Buffalo.
In four games against AFC East teams, Gibson has 19 catches for 246 yards and three TD.
In nine games against the rest of the schedule, Gibson has 21 catches for 291 yards and two TD.
What does it all mean? Brandon Gibson will be a Pro Bowler if and when he signs with the New England Patriots.(Maybe not though).
BRANDON MARSHALL - The Bears WR caught 10 passes for 160 yards and a touchdown in Chicago's 21-14 loss at Minnesota.
For the season, Marshall has 101 catches for 1,342 yards and nine touchdowns. While the Bears are letting their once promising season slip away, Marshall has proven to be worth two third round picks.
BRANDON WEEDEN - The Browns have won three straight and their rookie quarterback has thrown for more than 3,000 yards and 13 TD.
In today's NFL, a rookie quarterback can take the lowly Browns and make them competitive.
- Aaron Hernandez Quizzed In Death Probe: Tough Week To Be Patriots Tight End
- Former Bears WR David Terrell Says He'd Cut Off His Balls To Play W Jay Cutler
- Roger Goodell Defends Redskins Name In Letter To Congress
- Video: Pat Imig's FN NFL Update June 09
- Chuck Norris: 'Clutch' Tim Tebow An 'Athletic Warrior'
- NFL Today: The Golden Age Of The Ground Game
- Wes Welker Excited About "Freedom" In Denver
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- 2013 NFL Schedule: The Year Of The Denver Broncos
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Real Quarterback Rating Differential: A New Mother Of All Stats?