Anquan Boldin, Robert Quinn, Dwayne Harris Named NFC Players of the Week
(From NFL Media Services)
49ERS WR ANQUAN BOLDIN, RAMS DE ROBERT QUINN &
COWBOYS WR-PR DWAYNE HARRIS NAMED NFC PLAYERS OF WEEK 1
Wide receiver ANQUAN BOLDIN of the San Francisco 49ers, defensive end ROBERT QUINN of the St. Louis Rams and wide receiver-punt returner DWAYNE HARRIS of the Dallas Cowboys are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played on Kickoff Weekend 2013 (September 5, 8-9), the NFL announced today.
OFFENSE: WR ANQUAN BOLDIN, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
- Boldin had 13 catches for 208 yards and a touchdown in the 49ers’ 34-28 win over Green Bay.
- There have been only three 10+ catch, 200+ yard receiving games on Kickoff Weekend in NFL history and Boldin has two of them. In his NFL debut (9/7/03) with Arizona, he had 10 catches for 217 yards and two touchdowns.
- Boldin, who was making his 49ers debut, is the first player in NFL history to record a 100-yard receiving game in his debut for three different teams (Arizona, Baltimore, San Francisco).
- Boldin, who last year played for the Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens, is the first player to score a touchdown in his debut for a team that he faced in the previous season’s Super Bowl.
- His 208 receiving yards are the most by a 49er in a season opener, surpassing Pro Football Hall of Famer JERRY RICE’s previous mark (169 yards, 9/5/94).
- In his 11th season from Florida State, this is Boldin’s second career Player of the Week Award (Week 3, 2010 with Baltimore).
- He joins JERRY RICE (12), JOHN TAYLOR (two) and TERRELL OWENS (one) as the only 49ers wide receivers to be named Offensive Player of the Week.
- Boldin, Rice (1994) and GARRISON HEARST (1998) are the only players in team history to be named Offensive Player of Week on Kickoff Weekend.
DEFENSE: DE ROBERT QUINN, ST. LOUIS RAMS
- Quinn had three sacks and forced two fumbles in the Rams’ 27-24 win over Arizona.
- His three sacks are tied for the most in the NFL and lead the NFC.
- Quinn’s two forced fumbles are tied for first in the league.
- In the fourth quarter, Quinn recorded a sack and forced a fumble which was recovered by CHRIS LONG at the Arizona 22-yard line. That led to a game-tying field goal.
- Quinn’s three sacks tied a single-game career high and his two forced fumbles are his most in a game.
- In his third year from North Carolina, this is Quinn’s second career Player of the Week Award and first on defense. He was named the NFC Special Teams Player of the Week in Week 8 of 2011.
- He is the first player in franchise history to be named both Defensive Player of the Week and Special Teams Player of the Week.
- Quinn is the first Rams player to be named Defensive Player of the Week on Kickoff Weekend.
SPECIAL TEAMS: WR-PR DWAYNE HARRIS, DALLAS COWBOYS
- · Harris recorded three special teams tackles and returned two punts in the Cowboy’s 36-31 victory over the New York Giants. He also played a role in a muffed punt by the Giants that was recovered by the Cowboys and set up a touchdown.
- · His three special teams tackles are tied for the most in the NFL. One of his tackles resulted in a two-yard loss on a New York punt return.
- · Harris ranks fourth in the NFC with a 9.5-yard punt-return average (19 yards, two returns).
- · In his third season from East Carolina, this is Harris’ second career Player of the Week Award (Week 10, 2012).
- · Harris and KEVIN WILLIAMS (two) are the only non-kickers in franchise history to be named Special Teams Player of the Week multiple times.
- · He is the first Cowboys special teamer to be honored on Kickoff Weekend.
- NFL Week 16 Game Capsules
- Oh The Horror: Jaguars Titans TNF Preview
- Jeremy Hill & ODB Setting Rookie Records While Veterans Fitzgerald, Smith & Wayne Make History
- Comebacks, Touchdowns and Yards Galore: NFL 2014
- Saints at Bears And a Bizarre Playoff Race
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- Quality Stats Six Pack: Game-Changers Down the Stretch
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team