Andy Dalton Says He’s Never Been Better; Turnovers Say Otherwise
The Cincinnati quarterback has thrown nine interceptions in his past four games. He’s already thrown 15 for the season and has lost three fumbles.
For reference, Dalton threw 16 total picks and lost four fumbles in 2012. In his rookie season of 2011, he threw 13 interceptions and lost three fumbles.
In other words, he’s on pace to comfortably break his career turnover mark.
That hasn’t dimmed his confidence, however.
"I'm confident as ever. You have to have confidence. For us, as a team, we feel like we're in control of everything and that's where we want to be at this point."
In his last four games, Dalton has completed 88/161 passes (55 %) with 10 touchdowns and nine interceptions. In his last three games, his Passer Rating has sunk below 63.
But that doesn’t bother Dalton:
"I'm a lot better than I was the last two years. There's some things that I've done this year that I didn't do the last couple of years. For me, I've got to keep improving and keep trying to get better."
To be fair, Dalton is on pace to break his career high 27 touchdown passes and the Bengals are 7-4, comfortably atop the AFC North.
For the Bengals to thrive in the last leg of the season and postseason, Dalton will have to cut back on the turnovers.
Recent history suggests that turnover-prone, middle-of-the-pack quarterbacks can get hot and take their team to the Lombardi Trophy.
See: Flacco, Joe and Manning, Eli.
- Quality Stats Super Bowl Breakdown: Patriots vs Seahawks
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls
- 2014 NFL Divisional Playoffs Most-Watched Evah!
- CHFF's Pat Imig Talks Stan Kroenke & The Rams on Sportsnet 590 Toronto
- NFL 2014 Playoff Seeds and Schedule
- Cold Hard Football Facts Quality Stats: Perfect 4-0 In Wild Card Weekend
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team