American Ingenuity: A Pumpkin Makes Perfect Tailgate Party Keg
Never underestimate the power of thirsty football fans.
Friend of the Facts and New England Patriots fan Michael Gabriel turned us on this week to his favorite autumn drinking vessel: a hollowed-out pumpkin that he turns into a tailgate party keg.
He scoops out all the inner guts, scraping the inside fairly clean, inserts a plastic homebrew tap near the base of the pumpkin, and then fills the fruit with beer.
He lets the beer sit for about an hour before serving. Gabriel says the beer starts to take on the flavor of the pumpkin after a while. Our food-loving friendly neighborhood Potentate of Pigskin wrote about the genius of Pigskin Man today in the Boston Herald, too.
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review