American Ingenuity: A Pumpkin Makes Perfect Tailgate Party Keg
Never underestimate the power of thirsty football fans.
Friend of the Facts and New England Patriots fan Michael Gabriel turned us on this week to his favorite autumn drinking vessel: a hollowed-out pumpkin that he turns into a tailgate party keg.
He scoops out all the inner guts, scraping the inside fairly clean, inserts a plastic homebrew tap near the base of the pumpkin, and then fills the fruit with beer.
He lets the beer sit for about an hour before serving. Gabriel says the beer starts to take on the flavor of the pumpkin after a while. Our food-loving friendly neighborhood Potentate of Pigskin wrote about the genius of Pigskin Man today in the Boston Herald, too.
- Drew Brees: Call Him Mr. Primetime
- Kyle Orton Brings The Bubby Back
- Rookie Wide Receivers Making Huge Impact In 2014
- Matt Forte On Pace For Most Receptions By A Running Back In NFL History
- The NFL London Series: Games That Aren't That Great
- Matt Ryan Interception: Worst Of The Season?
- VIDEO: Geno Smith's Three Interceptions In Six Seconds
- VIDEO: JJ Watt Mocks Zach Mettenberger W Sack & Selfie
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team