American Ingenuity: A Pumpkin Makes Perfect Tailgate Party Keg
Never underestimate the power of thirsty football fans.
Friend of the Facts and New England Patriots fan Michael Gabriel turned us on this week to his favorite autumn drinking vessel: a hollowed-out pumpkin that he turns into a tailgate party keg.
He scoops out all the inner guts, scraping the inside fairly clean, inserts a plastic homebrew tap near the base of the pumpkin, and then fills the fruit with beer.
He lets the beer sit for about an hour before serving. Gabriel says the beer starts to take on the flavor of the pumpkin after a while. Our food-loving friendly neighborhood Potentate of Pigskin wrote about the genius of Pigskin Man today in the Boston Herald, too.
- The Berger-Bowl Becomes the Bell Show For the Steeler's Win
- Chiefs @ Raiders Thursday Night Preview
- J.J. Watt And Demaryius Thomas Dominating The Competition
- NFC Rookies Making Big Impact In 2014 Season
- Keep The Faith: 20 Teams Since 1990 With Losing Record After Nine Games Have Made Playoffs
- Tony Romo Now 25-5 All Time In November
- Pro Football's Battlefield Heroes
- No Surprise: NFL Teams On Pace To Score Most Points In History
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team