American Ingenuity: A Pumpkin Makes Perfect Tailgate Party Keg
Never underestimate the power of thirsty football fans.
Friend of the Facts and New England Patriots fan Michael Gabriel turned us on this week to his favorite autumn drinking vessel: a hollowed-out pumpkin that he turns into a tailgate party keg.
He scoops out all the inner guts, scraping the inside fairly clean, inserts a plastic homebrew tap near the base of the pumpkin, and then fills the fruit with beer.
He lets the beer sit for about an hour before serving. Gabriel says the beer starts to take on the flavor of the pumpkin after a while. Our food-loving friendly neighborhood Potentate of Pigskin wrote about the genius of Pigskin Man today in the Boston Herald, too.
- Hockey Announcer Gone Wild: You Want To Party (Maybe) With This Guy
- Best Pass Defense Ever: Ronde Barber And The 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest Video: Hot, Bothered And Handcuffed
- Sam Adams In A Can, Just In Time For Summer Drinking Season
- Live From Radio City: Reporter Punks NFL Draft Fans
- The 5.0 Club: Best Rushing Teams in NFL History
- Sieves: The Worst Run Defenses In NFL History
- Monsters of the Midway: We Need The Chicago Bears More Than Ever
- Boston, Sports, Patriotism And Terror
- The 100 Stingiest Defenses In Football History
- NFL Crown Rule: Will It Dethrone Rushing King Adrian Peterson?
- Year Of The Offensive Tackle: Not Always The 'Safe' Draft Bet
- Draft Habits: NFL Teams Covet LBs, Duped By False Temptress WRs
- Big Tease: 2012 New England Patriots And NFL's History Of Offensive Failures
- Epic Fail: The Wide Receiver Draft Class Of 2012