American Ingenuity: A Pumpkin Makes Perfect Tailgate Party Keg
Never underestimate the power of thirsty football fans.
Friend of the Facts and New England Patriots fan Michael Gabriel turned us on this week to his favorite autumn drinking vessel: a hollowed-out pumpkin that he turns into a tailgate party keg.
He scoops out all the inner guts, scraping the inside fairly clean, inserts a plastic homebrew tap near the base of the pumpkin, and then fills the fruit with beer.
He lets the beer sit for about an hour before serving. Gabriel says the beer starts to take on the flavor of the pumpkin after a while. Our food-loving friendly neighborhood Potentate of Pigskin wrote about the genius of Pigskin Man today in the Boston Herald, too.
- NFL Week 4 Preview
- Chicago Capitalizes On Jet's Mistakes On Monday Night
- History Says Arizona, Cincinnati and Philadelphia Will Make Playoffs
- Quotes From Ravens Fans Who Support Ray Rice
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team
- Best NFL Records Of The Past 10 Years
- Audio: The Cold Hard Football Facts Hosted By Pat Imig