Alex Barron - King of False Starts - Starting For Raiders
Alex Barron is expected to open the season as the Raiders' starting left tackle, even though he hasn't played a down since 2010.
In that glorious season, Barron started the season opener for the Dallas Cowboys. He famously committed three penalties and took away a game-tying touchdown pass from Tony Romo to Roy Williams at the end of regulation, nullifying what would have tied the Redskins at 13 with the extra point to win it.
Now Barron is in Oakland, after he wasn't good enough to make the 49ers and Seahawks last year. Raiders' starting left tackle Jared Veldheer tore his triceps and is out at least three months, after starting every game for the previous three seasons. Enter Barron as the new starting left tackle.
And on the right side? Khalif Barnes, who once infamously drove 101 MPH with expired plates while under the influence of alcohol.
Best of luck to Matt Flynn, Dennis Allen and residents of the Black Hole.
- History Says Arizona, Cincinnati and Philadelphia Will Make Playoffs
- CHFF Flashback: Colin Kaepernick Has Worst QB Performance of 2013
- Andy Dalton Passes Aaron Rodgers In Record Books
- Quotes From Ravens Fans Who Support Ray Rice
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team
- Best NFL Records Of The Past 10 Years
- Audio: The Cold Hard Football Facts Hosted By Pat Imig
- Cardinals And Chargers: Charting Their Courses After Week 1
- Groundhog Day: Seattle Dominates Green Bay