Alex Barron - King of False Starts - Starting For Raiders
Alex Barron is expected to open the season as the Raiders' starting left tackle, even though he hasn't played a down since 2010.
In that glorious season, Barron started the season opener for the Dallas Cowboys. He famously committed three penalties and took away a game-tying touchdown pass from Tony Romo to Roy Williams at the end of regulation, nullifying what would have tied the Redskins at 13 with the extra point to win it.
Now Barron is in Oakland, after he wasn't good enough to make the 49ers and Seahawks last year. Raiders' starting left tackle Jared Veldheer tore his triceps and is out at least three months, after starting every game for the previous three seasons. Enter Barron as the new starting left tackle.
And on the right side? Khalif Barnes, who once infamously drove 101 MPH with expired plates while under the influence of alcohol.
Best of luck to Matt Flynn, Dennis Allen and residents of the Black Hole.
- Play Fantasy Football in Seconds with Fantasy Spin Quick Pick
- Week 12 Quality Stats Breakdown: Vikings-Falcons
- Steelers-Seahawks tight statistical showdown
- Patriots, Panthers Have Each Faced Just 1 Quality Opponent
- New England Heads to Denver Dominant in Quality Stats Battle
- Cardinals, Patriots Top 2 in Mother of All Stats, Passer Rating Differential
- Super Bowl XLIX Prop Bets: Full List
- Super Bowl 49 Game Capsule: Patriots @ Seahawks
- Awesome: Must-see Super Bowl Hall of Shame Infographic
- Referee Bill Vinovich Gets The Nod For Super Bowl 49 -- Balls