Alex Barron - King of False Starts - Starting For Raiders
Alex Barron is expected to open the season as the Raiders' starting left tackle, even though he hasn't played a down since 2010.
In that glorious season, Barron started the season opener for the Dallas Cowboys. He famously committed three penalties and took away a game-tying touchdown pass from Tony Romo to Roy Williams at the end of regulation, nullifying what would have tied the Redskins at 13 with the extra point to win it.
Now Barron is in Oakland, after he wasn't good enough to make the 49ers and Seahawks last year. Raiders' starting left tackle Jared Veldheer tore his triceps and is out at least three months, after starting every game for the previous three seasons. Enter Barron as the new starting left tackle.
And on the right side? Khalif Barnes, who once infamously drove 101 MPH with expired plates while under the influence of alcohol.
Best of luck to Matt Flynn, Dennis Allen and residents of the Black Hole.
- Saints At Panthers Quality Stats Breakdown
- Kyle Orton Brings The Bubby Back
- Rookie Wide Receivers Making Huge Impact In 2014
- Matt Forte On Pace For Most Receptions By A Running Back In NFL History
- The NFL London Series: Games That Aren't That Great
- Matt Ryan Interception: Worst Of The Season?
- VIDEO: Geno Smith's Three Interceptions In Six Seconds
- VIDEO: JJ Watt Mocks Zach Mettenberger W Sack & Selfie
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team