Alex Barron - King of False Starts - Starting For Raiders
Alex Barron is expected to open the season as the Raiders' starting left tackle, even though he hasn't played a down since 2010.
In that glorious season, Barron started the season opener for the Dallas Cowboys. He famously committed three penalties and took away a game-tying touchdown pass from Tony Romo to Roy Williams at the end of regulation, nullifying what would have tied the Redskins at 13 with the extra point to win it.
Now Barron is in Oakland, after he wasn't good enough to make the 49ers and Seahawks last year. Raiders' starting left tackle Jared Veldheer tore his triceps and is out at least three months, after starting every game for the previous three seasons. Enter Barron as the new starting left tackle.
And on the right side? Khalif Barnes, who once infamously drove 101 MPH with expired plates while under the influence of alcohol.
Best of luck to Matt Flynn, Dennis Allen and residents of the Black Hole.
- Super Bowl XLIX Favorites: NFC Likely To Be Super Again In 2014
- Super Bowl XLVIII Most Watched Program In U.S. History
- Super Bowl XLVIII Postgame Stat-Palooza
- CHFF Classic: Russell Wilson NFL's Best Young QB
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos-Seahawks The Statistically Perfect Super Bowl
- Prop-A-Palooza II: Hundreds More Super Bowl XLVIII Prop Bets
- Live From Media Day: Could Seattle D Stop Russell Wilson
- Seattle Seahawks Brash Legion of Boom Proves Real Statistical Deal
- AFC Champion Denver Broncos Betting Season in Review
- NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks Betting Season in Review