Alex Barron - King of False Starts - Starting For Raiders
Alex Barron is expected to open the season as the Raiders' starting left tackle, even though he hasn't played a down since 2010.
In that glorious season, Barron started the season opener for the Dallas Cowboys. He famously committed three penalties and took away a game-tying touchdown pass from Tony Romo to Roy Williams at the end of regulation, nullifying what would have tied the Redskins at 13 with the extra point to win it.
Now Barron is in Oakland, after he wasn't good enough to make the 49ers and Seahawks last year. Raiders' starting left tackle Jared Veldheer tore his triceps and is out at least three months, after starting every game for the previous three seasons. Enter Barron as the new starting left tackle.
And on the right side? Khalif Barnes, who once infamously drove 101 MPH with expired plates while under the influence of alcohol.
Best of luck to Matt Flynn, Dennis Allen and residents of the Black Hole.
- The Best Johnny Manziel Photo You'll See From Week 16
- NFL 30-Touchdown Club Bigger Than Ever In 2014
- J.J. Watt, Antonio Brown & Matt Forte Having A Season For The Ages
- Peyton Manning Implosion Sets Tone For AFC Postseason
- Bengals-Steelers Set For Week 17 Finale On Sunday Night Football
- Jaguars Outlast Titans In XFL Classic
- 4th Quarter Pole: Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles December's Best Running Backs
- Patriots & Chargers Dominating December In Recent History
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team