20 Years Ago: Leon Lett ... Oh My Goodness Gracious
Lots of things at play in this great Leon Lett gaffe.
1. The Dolphins came into the contest 8-2. Lett's mistake allowed a 9-2 Miami record. Oddly enough, the Dolphins would fail to win another game.
2. At one point during this video clip, Dick Enberg says Leon Lett won't be able to eat nor masticate turkey as a result of the blunder without skipping a beat.
3. The camera pan to a celebratory Jerry Jones on the Cowboys sideline is classic. It's almost the dawning of the "JerryWorld Era" that now plagues the Cowboys in Big D.
4. Ed Hochuli makes his primetime NFL debut moment. I'd have to guess this is one of highlights of his officiating career.
5. I'd also guess Hochuli was pissed when he woke up in Dallas on Thanksgiving and saw snow, taking away any chance he could show off his guns via short sleeves.
6. The Dolphins players clearing a kicking path for Pete Stoyanovich while the Cowboys fume is fantastic, captiviating television.
Gotta love football on Thanksgiving.
- History Says Arizona, Cincinnati and Philadelphia Will Make Playoffs
- CHFF Flashback: Colin Kaepernick Has Worst QB Performance of 2013
- Andy Dalton Passes Aaron Rodgers In Record Books
- Quotes From Ravens Fans Who Support Ray Rice
- 2014 NFL Season Player Props
- Vegas Win Totals For Each NFL Team
- Best NFL Records Of The Past 10 Years
- Audio: The Cold Hard Football Facts Hosted By Pat Imig
- Cardinals And Chargers: Charting Their Courses After Week 1
- Groundhog Day: Seattle Dominates Green Bay